The Bee Hive

Sometimes it's honey; sometimes it's sting...

Thursday, April 13, 2006

NORM'S BACK!!!

Surfbuck's is packed this afternoon. It's that little cafe near the docks - Popeye's favorite place.
Jenna and Shelly, who are trying to earn money to move to a better apartment have part-time jobs there. For those of you who didn't read the story, way back when, of the Wandettes, Jenna is the one standing at one end of the bar, and Shelly is the girl sitting at the other end.
Hey, isn't that Norm with Popeye and Olive Oyl? Yes, it is! After performing CPR on his new gnome friend, Popeye took him and Olive Oyl out for a good meal. Norm was starving because he hadn't had anything except bananas since arriving in Skidmore, and now Wandamore.
Norm and Olive are having big dishes of spaghetti and meatballs. Popeye is growing impatient waiting for his stir-fried spinach.
JENNA, waiting on their table, says, "You are new to Wandamore, aren't you?"
NORM: Why, yes I am. My name is Norm. I arrived a few days ago.
POPEYE: Where's me spinach?!
OLIVE: Ohhh, Popeye! *slurp*
JENNA: I'm Jenna and this is my young friend, Shelly.
SHELLY: Pleased to meet you, Mr. Gnome. I know our two aunties would love to meet you, too.
POPEYE: There's too much chit-chat here and not enough cooking. Where's me spinach?!
JENNA:Yes, Auntie Marlene and Auntie Barbara would love to meet you. I know they'd be delighted if you'd stay a few days. They love having guests, and Auntie Marlene always invites newcomers and visitors to stay in her guest room.
SHELLY: Yes, please do think about it. Our shifts are about over and we'd love to take you to Auntie Marlene's.
POPEYE: Shiver me timbers! What did they have to do, grow the spinach first?!
Popeye FINALLY gets his spinach, and then they tell Norm good-bye, since he has decided to leave with Jenna and Shelly. Olive Oyl gives him a hug, and Popeye shakes his hand.
Alan the bartender waves good-bye as Jenna, Norm and Shelly leave.
TO BE CONTINUED...

6 Comments:

At 4/13/2006 8:22 AM, Blogger Peggy said...

I am just loving Norms visit with you!!

 
At 4/13/2006 11:31 AM, Blogger Leslie said...

I got here from Hidden Haven. Norm certainly is having adventures! Reading this post was a lot like playing dolls when I was little. Great story line, cast, and set!

 
At 4/13/2006 9:35 PM, Blogger ~Mandy~ said...

Norm...you are grooving with all these hip people. Far out, man!

 
At 4/14/2006 9:26 AM, Blogger Thorn said...

Mr. Gnome, Popeye, and Olive Oil all looked much larger when dealing with the Sock Monkeys!....thorn

 
At 4/19/2006 8:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wanda i just love reading your little stories.your great at making your scenes and telling the story.

 
At 4/19/2006 9:39 AM, Blogger Wanda said...

I want to thank all of you for your comments. They let me know someone is listening/watching and that keeps me encouraged to keep this blog going.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home