The Bee Hive

Sometimes it's honey; sometimes it's sting...

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

CATCHING UP...

Today I actually got a painting done. Not much else, though... I did move the pots with tomato and basil plants, from the 'patio' workbench onto a bench in the sun. I can't leave them setting down on the porch because the dogs will dig in them or chew the plants off. I've also got laundry going and will vacuum when I finish typing this. I have tonight's TV line-up down: Amazing Race, American Idol, Top Chef and Black.White.

WRITTEN TUESDAY... Well, no photo, no blog entry. Today was pretty uneventful except for my ultrasound. I had to get up early and get ready to be at the hospital by 8:15. I was happily surprised that I was taken right in and got out very quickly. The screen was turned where I could barely see it, but I did see a gallstone or two. If that's the worst of it, I'll be satisfied. I won't know anything until the 14th when I go back to see the doctor, though.
I don't know why I am getting so sleepy in the afternoons every day...well, I guess I do know. I go to bed much too late, and then get up either at my usual time, or like today, about an hour earlier. But anyway, I took a nap and woke up with a bad headache, as I do sometimes. It lessened after I was up awhile, and almost went away after some aspirin.
I watched American Idol tonight. Gosh, Taylor was pretty bad...very lackluster, weak performance. No one was really great, I didn't think.

WRITTEN MONDAY...
After morning Mass, Reeys and I went out to breakfast, then Lydia and I went out for lunch a couple of hours later. Gosh, I felt like such a wastrel! Breakfast was a bowl of oatmeal without sugar and most of two pieces of wheat toast. Lunch was the chicken-fried steak special - delicious but not what I should have eaten. Actually, I was not very hungry, so only ate the salad, green beans and very tiny piece of pumpkin cake topped with a teaspoon of whipped cream, and only a little bit of the small steak and mashed potatoes and gravy.
When I arrived at the church to pick Lydia up before lunch, I was happy to see so much activity going on. There were about 5 parishioners (Mr.S., Rose, Reeys, Annie and Loretta and maybe Delfina) taking care of yard work and various cleaning duties.... watering, weeding flower beds, mowing, emptying trash cans from the classroom building, cleaning restrooms, etc. I got the money turned in from the school desks that were sold over the weekend, got some copies made that the 1st/2nd grade teacher needed for the students, and picked up a form I need to fill out.
Garrett stopped in after work to look for his old nomex coveralls that he is going to start needing for work again. It's his 26th birthday today.

5 Comments:

At 4/05/2006 10:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your painting Wanda, thanks for sharing it with us.

Renie

 
At 4/06/2006 7:04 AM, Blogger Thorn said...

really kewl painting Wanda, you have such a neat style!...thorn

 
At 4/06/2006 9:31 AM, Blogger Wanda said...

Thanks, Renie and Thorn. It was weird painting again after so long. It's odd how it's so difficult and how much I 'lose' when I don't stay with it.

 
At 4/09/2006 9:29 AM, Blogger laura said...

Your painting is gorgeous! I'm so glad that you are painting again...oh, i love this...you gonna ebay it?

 
At 4/09/2006 2:26 PM, Blogger Wanda said...

Thanks, Laura! I had planned on eBaying it...if I can find the time. I was thinking maybe that art gallery in Atlanta might buy it like they did the only previous one I eBayed. It's still on display in a current exhibit there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home