The Bee Hive

Sometimes it's honey; sometimes it's sting...

Sunday, April 02, 2006

I SPRANG FORWARD

...sort of. Chuck sat the clocks forward before he went to bed last night, but I stayed up much too late and it was hard to drag myself from bed this morning. After Mass, the students' breakfast went well, classes went well, and my parents talk went well. In addition, we sold 7 of the school desks that we need to get rid of, the extra classroom that was taken over as a St. Vincent de Paul storeroom is being emptied, and I have a teacher to take over the Pre-K/K vacancy for next year. So now I will just be needing one more teacher - probably to take 5th graders. And since Sylvia will be giving up her Wednesday evening class for the junior high and high school students, and moving to Sunday morning classes, I won't be having to teach that group in that time slot next year. I would like to be able to just take care of administrative and 'creative resource' duties next year. As it is, that gets shortchanged when I have a class to prepare for during the week, and teach each Sunday morning. Then there are the parent classes each year. And the class gets shortchanged when I have to take care of this, that and the other before and often during classes.

Here's what I found in the grass by the back porch. After getting allll the female cats fixed not all that long ago, this mama cat arrived here as a nearly grown kitten, and then a pregnant mama cat was dropped off and promptly had 4 kittens, one of which is now a nearly grown female. So now I have three females, who will have to be fixed...plus any of the new kittens who are female. The other mama cat also had kittens within the last few days, only I have no idea where they are, so how many, and the sex, are unknown. Anyway, since the dogs were nosing around, having found the 'kitten nest' and bothering the mama cat, I moved them to the laundry room....which is where Patti-Jo was sleeping at night. This also makes a problem for the dogs going in and out from the back door during the day. This keeps the mama cat upset and wanting to move the kittens. I prepared a nice, secure, 'hidden' box for her, but she moved the kittens to the cement floor next to the water heater. At least she let me put down a towel for them. I guess Patti Jo will be sleeping on the back porch tonight if R. doesn't pick her up.

8 Comments:

At 4/03/2006 12:23 PM, Blogger Thorn said...

that's just too sweet! You are such a good "animal mommy". The teeny black one is so cute!..thorn

 
At 4/03/2006 12:33 PM, Blogger Diane Viere said...

What a great find! ENJOY!

Diane

 
At 4/03/2006 5:27 PM, Blogger Wanda said...

Thank you Carrie and Diane. This brings our total up to 12!!! That's not counting the other mama cat's litter, which we haven't found yet. I suspect she had them over the fence in the neighbor's yard.

 
At 4/03/2006 6:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh Wanda, what are you going to do with all those cute kittens?? LOL!

Would love to have a cat, but can't with my allergies. Good luck!

 
At 4/03/2006 8:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now you can crochet baby kitty clothes! Sorry, couldn't help it. Love you sis, Jan

 
At 4/04/2006 7:15 AM, Blogger Spock said...

OH. MY. GOSH! How cute! Tell Norm hi for me when he gets there!

 
At 4/04/2006 10:14 AM, Blogger eyes_only4him said...

its a shame poeple just drop animals off like that..geesh..

stopping over via peggy, I was coming to see norm, but he must not be there yet;)

 
At 4/04/2006 6:06 PM, Blogger Wanda said...

I could have sworn that I answered Val's and Jan's comments already, but I guess it didn't 'take'.

Val, I do hope ("Hope springs eternal!") to m a y b e give away some kittens, but I just can't bring myself to give them to people who might not take good care of them. I'm wondering if that happens more often around here, or if it's everywhere...

Jan, I'm thinking 'mittens' - LOL!

Oreo and B.B. - Norm the Gnome hasn't arrived yet. I'm just hoping I can intercept him before the Sock Monkeys get ahold of him. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home