The Bee Hive

Sometimes it's honey; sometimes it's sting...

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

PATTI-JO

Here is R.'s dog...or soon-to-be dog, when he can manage to catch her and take her home. He's gone to Mexico today and will be visiting his sister for a few days, but will be back on the weekend. Note the chewed light cord. When Annie was there early this morning, the large silk bouquets from the urns were removed and the dog had them in her lair chewing on them. Annie retreived them and put them back. I came later and picked up the pieces of chewed off flowers and took them to the trash, destroying evidence of Patti-Jo's wrongdoing. I don't know what R. has in mind for the dog's name, but I am calling her Patti-Jo after St. Patrick and St. Joseph whose feast days are around the time she arrived at the church.
I fed her and filled her water this morning, then came back after Lydia and I went for lunch, and brought her two pieces of Texas toast, which she took, piece by piece, from my hand as I sat on the bench. While I was doing that, Bob, a really nice elderly man who recently moved from my neighborhood to a neighborhood near the church, stopped by on his riding lawnmower and trailer rig. He and I talked for a while, and I was glad to know where he is living now. He asked about the cannas I have growing at my house, so I think I'll dig some up for him in the next day or two. I had intended to get to it this afternoon, but lost my steam in the meantime.
Most of today was spent working on my parent talk for Sunday. I have four pages of the outline and notes. Now to fill it in, tighten it and narrow it down to one hour. I also got photos from the Youth Spectacular sent to the Diocesan Youth Office, and some things ordered for the religious education classes. While I was in the parish office, Eva came by with some delicious bread pudding for everyone. YUM! Mary and Leo came too, to start clearing the things out of what turned into the St. Vincent de Paul storeroom, so it can be another classroom for the next school year.

4 Comments:

At 3/30/2006 8:21 AM, Blogger laura said...

WOW, sweet doggie. And I love that the elderly man has rigged his lawnmower as a transportation device. :o) There was a man like that in our old neighborhood.

 
At 3/30/2006 10:40 AM, Blogger Thorn said...

Patty jo is a real nice looking dog! no luck on finding her owners?...thorn (aka carrie)

 
At 3/30/2006 10:58 AM, Blogger Wanda said...

She IS sweet, Laura. And so is that man, Bob. He keeps the most beautiful yard - in part for his little granddaughter who now lives across the street from him.

Carrie, she is a nice looking dog, I think so, too. No owners. Despite the collar, she was 'dumped' at the church. I sure hope we can actually get hold of her soon. That collar is tight and now that she is being fed, she is filling out quickly. She was skin and bones before.

 
At 3/30/2006 5:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A very cute dog, it sounds like he's getting used to you Wanda, taking texas toast from you, maybe you can coax him, and get that collar off of him! The elderly man sounds so nice, glad you know where he is now! And what a lucky lil granddaughter he has!

Renie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home