The Bee Hive

Sometimes it's honey; sometimes it's sting...

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

CREEPY CLOWN

I didn't win the Creepy Clown Contest over at Swapatorium. This was my entry. I got this clown, which is an old vintage carnival prize, at Codi's in Corpus Christi.
Here's the paragraph I sent in with my photo entry:

TITLE: Muerto Ten-Fingers

She heard a barely audible creak and turned
in time to see the door slowly pivet.
In the opening was Muerto the Clown, and for
just a moment, She thought she perceived slight
movement of his hands, as one fingered his tight
buttons and the other languidly massaged
the swell of his stark white belly. A sound,
part languid, satisfied groan, and part the
letting out of a held breath seemed to
eminate from the corpulant figure. But that
couldn't be... Could it...?

Today has been an exhausting day. I hardly sat down. Laundry, cooking dinner early, gathering and taking out the trash, lots of phone calls, hurrying in to the parish office to get some paperwork done there, taking in some things and finding more work waiting for me there, some of which I had to bring home to spread out on the table and take care of, forms filled out, letters and notes composed and typed, everything organized and sent to the diocese and to some parents. etc.etc.etc.etc.etc......... In all this, I forgot I had an appointment with the income tax guy, so missed it. Chuck got home early, and wasn't too happy about that. He went to see him about 2 hours after my missed appointment, but he still needs to talk to me, so maybe Thursday..... ugh... Then I went to Beeville with Barbara to help her with the puppies again.

Despite everything I did get more of the doll sweater done that I am crocheting. The pattern didn't give sizes either for the hook, the yarn OR the finished sweater. But using an F hook and worsted weight yarn, it looks like it will probably fit an 18" doll. My next doll sweater will be with baby yarn and a smaller hook.

2 Comments:

At 3/14/2006 2:38 PM, Blogger alex said...

Oh GIRL! You so should have won that contest! Although, to tell the truth, I think the clown is wonderful. And the story too!

 
At 3/15/2006 9:52 AM, Blogger Wanda said...

Thanks, Alex! The contest was a fun one. I enjoyed planning and taking the photos. This one, out of the 20 or so I took, was taken with the help of my grandson, who was holding the clown by the bottom and lifting it over his head.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home