The Bee Hive

Sometimes it's honey; sometimes it's sting...

Thursday, March 09, 2006

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ZACHARY!

Zach is turning 11 on Saturday, but he had a mostly family party today. He did have one friend there, and the rest were cousins, grandparents and great-grandparents and an adult friend. They had a bbq dinner followed by cake. The kids played outside mostly - riding bikes, exploring the field and empty pond and jumping on the trampoline.
Yesterday Coconut came home from the vet. She's doing fine, but was looking kind of bad last night. Maybe she overdid it and her tummy and incision were hurting. She seems her normal jumping, running self today.
My sister suggested today that I am a magnet for crazy people. I know she must be right. I had told her of a recent encounter with someone, and then that person showing up on my doorstep two days ago with an odd reason and a rant. This same person did the same thing some years ago, when our paths crossed. Then this morning I got a phone call from another person who touched on a number of stange subjects. This person calls me in clusters maybe once or twice a year.
I'm really tired tonight. I could hardly stay awake through the finale of Project Runway. I stayed up for the late edition, since I had an hour and a half phone call earlier this evening (not from the crazy). The outcome of tonight's call was that I agreed to accompany a friend to Mexico again in the near future, and to help her with selling her 5 remaining registered black and yellow lab puppies in Beeville on Saturday afternoon.

5 Comments:

At 3/09/2006 7:55 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey, I know that feeling. For some reason I always seem to attract crazy people in book stores. They take one look at me and think to themselves "Hey, that guy looks like he'd being willing to strike up a conversation with a total stranger." And of course they are right.

 
At 3/09/2006 8:34 PM, Blogger laura said...

ooooo crazy people...maybe I'M one of those people and you don't even know it yet! mmm, the intrigue.

 
At 3/10/2006 8:00 AM, Blogger Thorn said...

Happy Birthday Zachary! Sounds like a perfect party!...carrie
http://thorngoblinglitter.blogspot.com/

 
At 3/10/2006 5:35 PM, Blogger ~Cyn~ said...

Happy Birthday to you Zachary!!
Wishing you the BEST in everything~~~~~
wihes sending from the other side of the world.

cyn fr. Malaysia

 
At 3/11/2006 12:10 AM, Blogger Wanda said...

'Ed', One person regaled me with the state of their marital status, being turned in to a state agency and wishing they could get their hands on various parties, and who they cussed out and why! The other one drilled me with the status of the end times, told me I need to read the Bible, especially Revelations, ("We're just existing here!"...gloom and doom...), informed me of how often they go to their church, how they donated certain items to missionaries to take to Mexico, and how the people (mostly Mexicans, surprizingly!) liked what they sent, and how a certain race of people LOVE to wear a certain color, and then some detailed fashion advice on what colors are flattering. Oh, well... I've got that conversation over with for another year, probably.

Laura Lou, you aren't even in that league! You are going to have to try a LOT harder if you want to make the grade in the Skidmore Crazylympics.

And Carrie and Cyn, as I said in the other entry, thanks for the birthday wishes for our Zach-man. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home