The Bee Hive

Sometimes it's honey; sometimes it's sting...

Monday, February 27, 2006

CROCHETED SOCKS FINISHED

Nothing but my new crocheted socks stand between Grug and Krunk and a bad-tempered Godzilla. I needed photos for each step of the socks for the yahoo crochet group I'm involved in, but you know me. I can't keep from adding 'interest' to photos.

Mass and classes went smoothly this morning. I gave the presentation about the parish family quilt project. Hopefully that will go smoothly and fairly quickly too. We'd like to have the quilt completely finished by the first of October. The first step is for people to make their individual block and turn it in. I didn't do it this week, but next week I need to make the presentation again to the Saturday evening Mass group.

I took a nap this afternoon and woke up barely remembering a weird dream I had. I've been having dreams lately, but they just start evaporating almost before I am awake. This one had parts of tv show references in it. In part of the dream, my sister and I were driving on our way to join family members in renting a cottage at a vintage vacation spot. On the way, we were passed on the highway by Mrs. Weaver and one of her daughters (from The Amazing Race). Then when we were all at the vacation spot, I saw a model on a runway,(as in Project Runway), that featured a design made from two dishcloths for a vest-like bodice and a vintage tablecloth in shades of orange as the full skirt. Do you think maybe I watch too much reality TV? ...Nah. Oh, and MAJOR highway construction figured in our trip too, just like in real life in our town, currently.

That's it for tonight. I have to get my 'creepy clown' photo sent to the blog, Swapatorium. I had Zach help me today with retakes. The contest deadline is tomorrow.

5 Comments:

At 2/27/2006 8:40 AM, Blogger DancesInGarden said...

Nice socks! Love the red toes.

 
At 2/27/2006 9:01 AM, Blogger Thorn said...

love the socks...how do they feel on your feet? hope you used nice soft yarn...carrie

 
At 2/27/2006 10:18 AM, Blogger nutmeg said...

Tag....you're it.

 
At 2/27/2006 3:03 PM, Blogger Wanda said...

Thanks, Dances and Carrie. They feel okay, on. They are made from soft, non-irritating 100% cotton yarn. But I don't really wear socks as 'houseshoes'. I prefer to go barefoot. I do wear socks with shoes, but these are too thick for that, so.... *shrug*

Nutmeg, you scamp you! I just fractured... uh...ANSWERED the meme. Gosh, it was hard!

 
At 3/01/2006 11:41 AM, Blogger laura said...

Tuh Duh! (I think actually that is spelled with an 'a' and not a 'u' but I say 'uh' and not 'ah'. Good Grief! Congratualtions. ;p

 

Post a Comment

<< Home