The Bee Hive

Sometimes it's honey; sometimes it's sting...

Friday, February 17, 2006

FINISHED MY QUILT BLOCK

I was so glad to finish my quilt block today. Last night I cut out and sewed the block, and today I embroidered our name on it. It's for our parish family quilt project at church. It was Lydia's idea, but Sunday I'm supposed to introduce the project and talk about it. I needed some examples, so that's why I'm glad to have mine finished. That, and I am just glad to have at least one pending task completed. The idea is for everyone to make a quilt block representing their family. Then we'll sew them together, quilt it, and raffle it.

I've been obsessed with hand knit striped socks lately. It started when I saw Dances in Garden's blog photo of her daughter's feet modeling some great looking striped socks that Dances had made for her. I don't knit, but I do crochet, so looked up a simple pattern online, for plain crocheted striped socks, that are thin enough to be worn with shoes. All I needed was some decent (non-pastel) colors of baby yarn. But Walmart didn't have any except pastels, and I didnt feel like driving to Hobby Lobby at Five Points today just for yarn. So I got a skein - tiny! - of cotton yarn in varigated blue, to try that. They didn't have any decent colors in that kind of yarn either. I don't know... it's not like I haven't got lots of pending art work that needs to be completed and mailed out in the next few weeks. I should just skip the blue verigated yarn and wait until I try Hobby Lobby. Because I know I am not going to want to make more than one pair of socks, and I really, REALLY want some nice striped ones.

Then the William Wegman book, Little Red Riding Hood, that I won off of eBay arrived today. I love those Wegman books. I can't wait to read it to Mathieu.

Tonight was Survivor and the Olympic Men's Figure Skating finals. I really like Pleshenko, so was glad that he won. But I wish Johnny Weir would have made it to the podium too.

2 Comments:

At 2/17/2006 5:10 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I came across these interesting socks the other day: http://whipup.net/2006/02/14/toe-less-socks/

 
At 2/21/2006 6:24 PM, Blogger DancesInGarden said...

Oh, stripey socks are diabolical, I tell ya! Sorry you couldn't find a yarn you liked. Love the dolls!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home