The Bee Hive

Sometimes it's honey; sometimes it's sting...

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

QUILT BLOCKS

Annie called this morning to talk about quilt blocks and remind me about the parish council meeting tomorrow night. I'll have to make the presentation to the congregation, probably this coming Sunday, explaining about the parish family quilt project. Lydia had come up with this fundraising idea before Christmas, and she and Annie told me about it then. The idea is for each family who wants to, to make a 12" quilt block, representing their family. Then these blocks will be assembled into a quilt top, then made into a quilt, which will be raffled off. It will be quite a bit of work, but should be a real treasure when completed. But for now, I need to find some different examples of quilt blocks from my boxes of quilt blocks and fabrics, to show as examples at tomorrow night's meeting. Hopefully, I won't have to make any to show, because I have a lot to do between now and tomorrow night, as it is. I also need to look through some of my quilt books and magazines and decide what block I want to make for my contribution. Not that I would (or could) make anything complicated, anyway, but I do want to look at options and get some ideas. Yesterday at JoAnn's I bought some shamrock fabric with this goal in mind, but then, looking through the boxes this morning, I found some other fabric that would be good too, which naturally doesn't go with the shamrock fabric, so I don't know... (Sidenote: why are 4 leaf clovers becoming so prominent as Irish 'icons', and shamrocks becoming so much harder to find?! A four leaf clover is NOT a good substitute for a shamrock.) Then again, I did buy some sock monkey fabric yesterday as well. ;) I was considering some embroidery on a block too, possibly. Annie is probably going to embroider hers, she said. Mine will be pieced, but may have some embroidery on it somewhere, besides the name.

In the meantime, I need to get working on the letters to the Religious Ed. families, which should have been done yesterday. And I also have 13 deco booklets, 6 artist trading cards, an art postcard and a reproduction/INTERPRETATION of a vintage pincushhion doll that need to be made for swaps, exchanges and challanges as soon as possible.

And Reagan just called and asked me to keep Mathieu from about 3-6, so I'd better get busy. He wants me to keep him most of Saturday too.

2 Comments:

At 2/01/2006 12:51 PM, Blogger Peggy said...

Wanda could you email me your mailing address? I am trying to get Norman the Gnome's vacation stops all lined up. Thanks for offering to let him visit you. I am sure he will have a blast and we will have fun reading about his trip and seeing pictures!
happe2b50@yahoo.com)

 
At 2/01/2006 10:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thankyou so much Wanda for the lovely new year postcard. Such a cute puppy painting!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home