The Bee Hive

Sometimes it's honey; sometimes it's sting...

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

TEN DOGS A-LEAPING...

I finally got some art work done last night that actually looks like my artwork. And I painted the 8 pieces (and revised 2 that I had done previously) in a relatively short amount of time. I was so tired of not being able to paint easily like I used to just a few months ago. If I ever stop, it just takes me forever to get back to where I was. So I got my things out and decided to just paint a big face, which I figured would be the one thing that I could make work...thinking that part of my problem is I had all these subjects that I had to, or needed to paint, that I just didn't feel moved to paint, just now...and the more subjects or themes that I was obligated to do, and felt like I was falling behind on, the less time (no time, actually) I wanted to 'waste' painting something not on my 'to do' list. Anyway, when I had my paints there, and a big gessoed blank space in front of me, suddenly the 10 (4"x6") dogs I needed to do, lept off the brush. Thank goodness! I only sign up for art exchanges that I am really interested in, but then I tend to get a little overcommitted and they start closing in on me.

Reagan called tonight when I was getting ready to start dinner, and wanted me to come over and babysit Zachary (10) and Mathieu (3). They got a call that Amy's grandfather had been admitted to the hospital, and were going to go up and see what was going on. It turned out he will only be there overnight, thankfully. When they came home, Teeny, Amy's grandmother, came to spend the night, so she wouldn't have to be alone. The boys were good. They had already had baths and were eating spaghetti when I got there. They went to bed not long afterwards...Mathieu to sleep and Zachary to read Lonesome Dove. His teacher said he tested at a college sophomore reading level.

3 Comments:

At 1/28/2006 4:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got my doggy postcard the other day--thank you!!!

Mine's third from the top--cute!
Wishing you a great new year too!
Snowbear
http://rock-paper-scissors.typepad.com

 
At 1/28/2006 4:53 PM, Blogger Wanda said...

You're welcome, Snowbear. I'm glad you liked it.

 
At 2/12/2006 4:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Wanda, I received my card last week! Thanks mate! Happy Dog Year to you---and happy bargain shopping at all your favourite shopping haunts too! :-)

Design Diva
http://crazycrafty.blogspot.com/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home