The Bee Hive

Sometimes it's honey; sometimes it's sting...

Sunday, January 15, 2006

SLUMBER PARTY AND FIGURE SKATING CHAMPIONSHIPS

Zachary is spending the night as he does every Saturday. This time, he brought his sleeping bag, which Carl and Coconut were happy to share with him. Chuck had been asleep on the couch, while Zachary and I watched the U.S. Figure Skating Championships on ESPN. I just read the news a little while ago that the Olympic Committee made the decision to place Michelle Kwan on the team too, with conditions. She'll have to be fully recovered from her injuries to be able to keep that place. That decision bumped Emily Hughes to alternate. I didn't think her performance tonight was that smooth, even without her bad fall. She wasn't as graceful as some of the others, although strong and confident in her moves. I think the commitee made a good decision. Of course, Sasha Cohen is my absolute favorite, and I am thrilled, although not the least bit surprised that she made the team.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home