The Bee Hive

Sometimes it's honey; sometimes it's sting...

Sunday, January 01, 2006

A NEW YEAR

A new year began today, and I feel like I am still in a holding pattern, not able to get started with it. Chuck is still home, although I think he goes back to work on the 3rd. Shabree is still here. She will be returning to Austin either tomorrow or Tuesday. I am glad they are here, but I can't get much done until things are back to 'normal'. Zachary has been spending a lot of nights here, and with two kids around they are dragging stuff out of cabinets, boxes and closets at an alarming rate. I desperately need to get serious about decluttering. I know I say that all the time, but this time I really mean it. I need some alone time while I still feel enough energy and motivation to do it.
Last night, we were over at Reagan and Amy's for dinner and visiting. They had invited a few friends over, and we had fun, but Shabree and I came home early, since she was grumpy and non-cooperative. Chuck was grumpy and non-cooperative too, so he turned in very early - even before dinner - at the cabin. At home I thought I'd never get Shabree in bed for the night. She was mad and argumentative. Sheesh! Happy $^@(*@() New Year!
This morning, we all went to Mass, and tonight Zach came over to spend the night again. I cooked black-eyed peas with the rest of the Christmas ham, and Chuck barbecued fajitas and pork strips. He bought supermarket deli potato salad (ugh!) and beans, too, and banana split ice cream for dessert.While I was taking a nap, he shot this photo of Coconut and Carl.
I heard from Stewart yesterday. He's fine, but extremely busy, with very long days, for the past few weeks. He said that he did the coordinating and paperwork for getting that Florida teen out of Baghdad. He was not at all happy with him. He also gave photojournalist Stephanie Sinclair a ride from one place to another.

2 Comments:

At 1/02/2006 2:01 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

"Happy $^@(*@() New Year!"

Wanda! I am shocked to see you use such language.

 
At 1/02/2006 5:54 PM, Blogger laura said...

DITTO!!!

;O) Love ya.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home