The Bee Hive

Sometimes it's honey; sometimes it's sting...

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

POST CHRISTMAS RESOLUTIONS

This is a photo of my contribution - the seven of diamonds - to the Art For a Cure project. Artists designed and made small artworks with the theme, "Hope for a Cure". These were copied and produced to make decks of 54 playing cards being sold by Celtic Traders to raise money for the Susan G. Koman Breast Cancer Foundation. I received my decks a few days ago, and the product is now being sold at celtictraders.com. To see the whole deck, go to Celtic Traders and click on the pink ribbon in the 'Featured Products' box.

No New Year's Resolutions for me. It's that time of year when I sit, exhausted and dazed trying to formulate my Post Christmas Resolutions in my aching head. So far, I have:

1. Start making and freezing cookies EARLY like normal people do.

2. The Posada while a beautiful tradition, is sooo daily. Nine nights out from Dec.16-24 is not all that enjoyable after the fatigue sets in. Try, try, TRY (again)to get someone else to organize and coordinate it.

3. Start buying and even wrapping things ridiculously early - like maybe right after Easter. Better yet, consider gift cards across the board for everyone except grandchildren.

4. Ditto for Christmas cards - EARLY. That would be a lovely summer activity. Leave them open for notes to be added - IF POSSIBLE - Dec. 1. Then mail them right away. Christmas cards are one of the things I really, really enjoy, and yet, for the second year in a row, I didn't have time to do more than buy them. At least I am ahead for next year, provided I can still find them by then.

5. Buy a living native tree or bush in the early Fall when they are plentiful. This would have prevented my 'Big Purple Disaster', and saved me hours of time and frustration.

6. Have an official 'scenery person' (not me) and costume coordinator (again, not me) for the parish's children's Christmas program. How I will manage to get two people for this, I have no idea, but 'hope springs eternal'...

That's it for now.

1 Comments:

At 12/30/2005 10:44 AM, Blogger "T" Van Hoecke said...

Wanda I love this altered playing card! Reminds me that I purchased a nice big deck of cards with the intention of altering them, and they are just sitting somewhere in my art studio ; ) I will have to locate them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home