The Bee Hive

Sometimes it's honey; sometimes it's sting...

Friday, December 16, 2005

Tuesday through Thursday

This is a photo of today's artwork. I made 7 Christmas cards from scratch (no pre-fab elements allowed) for a swap. The stamped image - which doesn't show up very well in the photo - is one I carved myself. Behind the cards, is my favorite Christmas decoration - the Santa, sleigh and reindeer that Andrew made me years ago. I love it.
Things are still just mounting up, but it does seem like I am making a dent in everything, finally. Only I still have so much that I haven't started on yet. Like writing and sending my regular Christmas cards, baking ahead (Ha, ha!), making a thorough shopping list of the foods and ingredients I need to buy for Christmas Eve and other events, and wrapping presents, or mailing off the stuff to Baghdad and the rest of the gifts to Ashley and family in Florida. I still have to finish the hall preparations for the Christmas program, Sunday evening. It looks like that will get done Saturday. And I've got to see about picking up Shabree from Austin.
Tuesday, I did get two boxes packed and mailed to Ashlyn and Alyson in Florida. I got the dining table cleared off a little and got ALL the laundry done, load after load, washed, dried and folded, including the scarecrow-wear from October, which now needs to be packed into a box and put back in the attic. I got a lot of smaller odds and ends taken care of, too, or at least moved along on the road to completion.
Andrew's website that he had to make for a real client (me) for an assignment is fantastic. It needs some tweaking, but I am so pleased with this parish Religious Education website that I didn't even know I wanted, until I saw it.
The Historical Society and Skidmore Signal Christmas dinner at Papa's was delicious. Betty Strong made the best dressing I have ever tasted. I enjoyed talking to the people there, and even got home in time to watch the finale of The Amazing Race, then answer some emails. But I was falling asleep in my chair before Amazing Race was even half over.
I made up for it Wednesday (last night) though, when I stayed awake doing art until 4 a.m. I got a lot of overdue projects finished. Some decos for a swap and some zap pages for another swap. I haven't had time to do much art since early October, and kind of lost my groove with it, but I was in my zone last night. I got up today at 8 and started in on the Christmas cards and envelopes. I think I owe art to about everyone on the internet from France, Russia, and Japan to LaVernia, Texas, and points in between. My current project is trying to construct a hokey, faintly humerous game board to mail. But it is not going very quickly.
Well, it's late and I am really tired, and have a lot to do in the morning, so that's it for my three day update.


Post a Comment

<< Home