The Bee Hive

Sometimes it's honey; sometimes it's sting...

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

'TIS THE SEASON

This photo is from Saturday night when Shabree, Zach and I made cookies. I get so tired in the evenings now. Just when I NEED to be staying up to my normal 1 or 2am, I find it hard to keep my eyes open past 9 or 10.
Yesterday, Shabree wore the long black denium skirt, with the 'sparklies' in the fabric, that I had gotten her a while back. Only now it fit her. She must have grown a little taller. She practiced with the other kids for the Christmas program, since she will be back at the end of the week to spend her Christmas vacation here. She'll be here for the Posada too, so that's good. C.C.D. was busy yesterday with classes for the ones who did not want to or couldn't be in the Christmas program and practice for everyone else. I kept having to take care of one thing and then another, starting even before Mass. It was a very hectic morning.
Back home, Zach and Shabree played and then went over to Garrett's to watch him put up Christmas lights. Roland, her stepfather, came, with baby sisters in tow, to pick her up around noon. Zack dragged in the back door, looking so sad, with tears in his eyes. I asked him what was wrong, and he said he just misses Shabree.
That evening, I returned to the church for Posada music practice. There were only eight of us there, but we practiced for two hours, surprisingly. It didn't seem but about half of that time. Annie was there, and she asked me if I'd come help Lydia the next day, because she was going to have to wait for a delivery man. I got home just in time to see the Survivor finale.
So late this morning, I went to the parish office, and helped out. We took a break to have lunch at Chisholm, then went back to work. Back home, I finally wrote the Santa letter to Ashlyn and Alyson that Ashley had asked me to do. Then I started in on laundry and dishes.
Chuck said he wanted to buy and cook a turkey for the parish party next Sunday, but when I called to check with Domingo, he said they had enough volunteers for that already, with about 8 turkeys. But he said that we still need cokes, kool-aid, etc. So we'll get that. I'm also taking a huge package of plates.
Annie said she'd do the sacks for me, for the kids at the party, so that's a load off my mind. Mrs. Anzualda and Lydia are going to donate apples, oranges and candy canes for the sacks. And Mich said she'd make the halos for the angels, so that is another big help for me.
The thought came to me yesterday that it would be really cute if the shepherds were carrying toy sheep. So I went to Beeville and bought all the stuffed sheep I could find...which was only 11. I'll see if any of the students have toy sheep they can bring, too. And I thought that stuffed farm animals on and around the hay bales in the stable would be a good idea too. I'll see how many I can round up. Mathieu has a large stuffed bull. I'd like to have cows, donkeys and chickens, too. I still have to make the 'sky' on the side panels and put tape for marks on the floor.

2 Comments:

At 12/13/2005 6:38 PM, Blogger Peggy said...

I enjoy reading your blog each day. You are a very talented and busy lady.

 
At 12/13/2005 10:46 PM, Blogger Wanda said...

Thank you! That is quite a compliment coming from you, Peggy! I read your blog daily too. It is really awesome.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home