The Bee Hive

Sometimes it's honey; sometimes it's sting...

Friday, January 06, 2006

BACK TO BLOGGING

I finally made an official start with decluttering. Of course, it's just barely a start, because you can see that these boxes are empty or almost so.
I did get all the Christmas decorations taken down, and today I got everything packed back in boxes and put back into the attic. Oops! I was just going to say that for ONCE, I didn't forget anything, but I just now remembered that the red and green crocheted table topper is still on the table. Oh, well. Sometimes it is stored with the Christmas decorations and sometimes it is stored with the tablecloths and things.

I haven't been blogging lately for a few reasons.

1. There is really nothing much happening. But then, I have blathered on about nothing plenty of times before.

2. I really want to have a photo with each entry, and there has been nothing much to photograph.

But most of all,

3. I have been very sad and upset about Coconut being so sick. She has been at the veterinary hospital since Monday, and we don't know if she is going to make it or not. I visited her today, and she is the worst she has been so far. Actually, she was seemingly 'fine' when she was admitted Monday, and then really bouncey and happy, feeling great, when I visited her on Tuesay. Wednesday, I was waiting for service men and repairmen all day, so didn't get to go visit her. When I called though, they said she was feeling bad. Today when I went she didn't have her IV in, though, because it came 'loose' and had been leaking water under her skin for quite a while. The vets (all three of them) had terribly dire predictions at first, but now seem strangely optimistic. But I have had a very bad feeling about this from the first.

7 Comments:

At 1/06/2006 10:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wanda, I am so sorry to hear about Coconut! What do they think is wrong? I hope she gets better.

Ash

 
At 1/06/2006 2:01 PM, Blogger laura said...

Oh Wanda. Poor Coconut. What's the matter with her? I'm so sorry. Hope she gets better.

 
At 1/06/2006 3:03 PM, Blogger Wanda said...

Ash, Laura, Lolly/Laura, and others who have emailed me... She has parvo. My husband bought her from a lady in a pick-up, parked in a store parking lot. She said the puppies had their puppy shots, but apparently parvo shots are done later. With all the holiday hub-bub and extreme busy-ness, I just didn't take her in soon enough. My fault. :(
THANK YOU so much for your concern and kind words. They do help - especially with the distance of internet communication. If you were to ask me in person, I would not be able to talk about it. I wasn't even able to talk about it on this blog (despite 'distance') until last night. I do appreciate your comments and emails.

 
At 1/06/2006 5:27 PM, Blogger Peggy said...

Wanda, we had a husky that got parvo and we thought we were going to lose her. At the time when I called the vet (3 yrs ago) we just couldn't afford the treatments. They wanted $800 to take Babe, keep and treat her. I made her a bed in the house and slept on the floor beside her. She didn't want to eat but I heated milk and bread and spooned fed her. She was sick for 5 days and each night I thought was her last. She came out of it finally and is doing great now with no side effects. We were told she had had all her shots but of course that wasn't true. We got her shots and make sure all our animals have their vaccines and heathy check ups.... hope your coconut pulls through. The vets told us if they make it at least 3 days they will usually pull through.... stay strong

 
At 1/06/2006 6:29 PM, Blogger Wanda said...

Thank you, Peggy. Your experience is really is encouraging. I am glad Babe is still around and as good as ever. :)
The vet has force fed Coconut a little, and then of course she had the IV. Without it, she would have probably dehydrated and died for sure.

 
At 1/07/2006 11:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad she is feeling better! I worked as a Vet's Asst many years ago and took care of many parvo dogs...sadly losing many. It can be a really cruel thing. It sounds like Coconut has been through the worst and is on her way to recovery!
Ash

 
At 1/07/2006 2:23 PM, Blogger Wanda said...

Thanks, Ash. Yes, she came home today (Saturday)!!! Skinny and a little weak, but definately well. She just needs rest to be 100% again. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home