The Bee Hive

Sometimes it's honey; sometimes it's sting...

Friday, January 13, 2006

ARTFUL SHOPPING

This is Mathieu today at the Asian Buffet, where we had lunch. He could have made a meal of broccoli and chicken by itself.
I had insomnia last night, and it was after 3:30 or 4 when I finally fell asleep. I had my alarm set for 7, so I'd have plenty of time to get ready, before Amy, Mathieu and I left for Corpus Christi. But I was finally sleeping soundly by then, and apparently turned off my alarm, then woke up at 8 and had to rush to get ready. We left later than we planned to, but had a pretty good day of it, anyway. Actually, our shopping day was pretty streamlined. We only made 6 stops counting the Asian Buffet. Since we finished so early, we considered stopping by a couple of other stores, but were tired, and keeping in mind we'd be having to deal with an active 3 year old, skipped the extras.
Among other things, I came home with some of my favorite artsy magazines (Mary Engelbreit's Home Companion, Somerset Studio, Cloth-Paper-Scissors and Legacy), 97 pieces of acid-free/lignin-free patterned art paper (mostly retro), and walnut ink, all of which made me very happy. Too bad I was too tired to do anything with it tonight.

2 Comments:

At 1/14/2006 10:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wanda, where did you buy the walnut ink from? I have been looking for it for over a year and have not been able to find it.

Ash

 
At 1/14/2006 11:16 AM, Blogger Wanda said...

Although I have heard about it for a long, long time, this was the first time I had noticed it in a store. They had a very few spray bottles of it in Hobby Lobby. It's maddening, but I can look and look for whatever art item or product I am dying to get and they won't have it anywhere in our area. But when it starts being 'old hat' and I am no longer interested, THEN some arts and crafts store will finally have it. Blah... Well, that's not quite the situation with the walnut ink, but it's close.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home