The Bee Hive

Sometimes it's honey; sometimes it's sting...

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

SHOPPED AND DROPPED

Not a very artful photo, but this is what I got today when I went to Corpus. Not a lot to show for how long I was there. I left the house around 9:30am and got home around 5:30pm. Not that bad, really, but I wore myself out. Most of what I bought is fabric for doll making and maybe for a quilt block I will be doing. Also a little paper mache box to be the base for my Little Red Riding Hood pincushion doll. And I found two little garden gnomes that attach to flower pots, and a cowboy frog that I'll give to Zach and Mathieu this weekend. The socks are for Shabree, Ashlyn and Alyson (and two pairs for me), for Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day and Easter. I guess the rest could be filed under 'miscellaneous'. But remarkably, I came home without a single magazine and did not set foot in Barnes and Noble! I did get a few non-perishible groceries, and 4 boxes of individually packaged bags of fish crackers for the religious education students. Yeah, when I do breakfast for them, it's not yummy, homemade tacos like Mr. and Mrs. A. make, it's prepackaged, store-bought all the way.
This is what I won on an eBay auction last night - two vintage doll dresses. I love the dress on the left, especially. I went to Codi's in Corpus today, and looked at everything they had - a LOT - but miraculously came out of the store empty handed. They had quite a few dolls, but none of them were anything that I really wanted...and no vintage doll clothes of the sizes I need. I was tempted by a drum. I have wanted a bodhran for quite a while. But this looked like a combination of a Native American drum and a bodhran. The price was right, but I passed it up anyway.

2 Comments:

At 1/31/2006 8:38 PM, Blogger Kitty Kitty said...

Hi...

I just wanted to say thank you so much for my postcard. It arrived safe and sounn.

The puppy is so cute.

Priscilla

 
At 2/01/2006 12:18 AM, Blogger Wanda said...

You're welcome, Priscilla. I enjoyed painting them. So far, I have received 3 Year of the Dog postcards, but I am going to try to hold out until I have all 10 before taking a 'group photo'. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home