The Bee Hive

Sometimes it's honey; sometimes it's sting...

Saturday, January 28, 2006

LITTLE RED RIDING HOOD

Just what I need, another obsession. At least my obsessions don't happen all at once, thankfully. One comes, another leaves...and my committment to letterboxing has been waning for quite a while. The object of my obsession is Little Red Riding Hood. Yes, all artwork, crafting, collecting and research will now be aimed at all things LRRH. I am in desperate need of vintage McCall's pattern #7045 - the one with the little red riding hood cape, so I can make capes for my two youngest granddaughters. I have been scouring the net for LRRH print fabric, as well. I found two kinds so far. I'm thinking cape lining and a quilt. And I joined a vintage cloth doll reproduction group, committed to the upcoming challange (pincushion dolls), and am planning a - you guessed it - LRRH pincushion doll. Having naturally decided on my specific doll first, I have spent much of the day trying to research documentation to support the idea that there actually WAS a LRRH pincushion doll during yesteryear. The best I can come up with is that there are vintage half-dolls that look vaguely like a grown-up version of LRRH. Whether any were actually affixed into pincushions is undetermined, historically. I say yes. So I will rely heavily on the 'interpretation' loophole in the challange guidelines.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home