The Bee Hive

Sometimes it's honey; sometimes it's sting...

Saturday, February 11, 2006

HORRENDOUS LAMP

I think this is the most bizarre lamp I have ever seen. I was in Beeville this afternoon, and since I had some time before I had to pick Andrew up from the collage, I stopped in at a vintage type store to look for clowns for Swapatorium's Creepy Clown Contest. I did find one clown doll - and as (bad) luck would have it, only noticed that it had a broken foot after Andrew pointed it out to me on the way to Corpus. But what was MUCH creepier than that clown doll was this doll-head lamp. I wish I would have looked at the price tag, but didn't think of it at the time. I can't imagine that anyone would buy it, except as an unsettling gag gift. *shudder*

When Andrew and I got to Corpus Christi, we stopped at EyeMart first to get him another pair of glasses. As (bad, again) luck would have it, when they checked his records the 1 year replacement guarentee had ended yesterday. But (good luck, this time) they went ahead and honored it anyway and he got them replaced free of charge.

While they were getting his new glasses done, we went to Half-Price Books and then to eat at Macaroni Grill. Any restaurant that encourages patrons to draw and color on their tablecloths is tops with me. They only gave us blue, purple and red. I needed orange and green too. Oh, well. After that we went to Codi's and I hit the motherlode of potentially creepy clowns. And I didn't even have time to look through the whole store. It was hard deciding, but I bought two and then we drove back to EyeMart. I waited in the pick-up and continued reading about Indian captives, something that I had started earlier in the day while waiting for Andrew in the college parking lot.

2 Comments:

At 2/11/2006 8:22 AM, Blogger Thorn said...

Hi Girl! How goes it?...carrie

 
At 2/11/2006 11:44 AM, Blogger laura said...

Macaroni Grill ROX! I love that restaurant...I'll have to talk to Jeff about that one...Valentine's is coming up. We could write love notes to each other. >blech< hee hee

 

Post a Comment

<< Home