The Bee Hive

Sometimes it's honey; sometimes it's sting...

Saturday, February 18, 2006

MARLENE EXPLAINS CROCHET

I have started crocheting my 'not striped' socks. I finally decided to join the crochetalong on the sock group at Yahoo. The photo is of my very tiny start - the test square to test gauge. Those in the crochetalong are supposed to post photos for each step, but I couldn't see just posting a photo of a 1 inch crocheted square, so I 'dolled' mine up a little, with one of the Wandettes - Marlene - explaining crochet to two of the children of Wandetteville. For those into that sort of thing, notice the homemade vintage jumpsuit Marlene is wearing. Currently I am haunting eBay for more homemade vintage doll clothes.
Not a lot going on that is noteworthy for blogging lately... I went to a specially called parish council meeting last night. Tonight Zachary and Mathieu came over to stay for dinner while Reagan and Amy went to Swinney Switch to get a gooood hamburger. We played rummy, as we did last night when Zach was here.

2 Comments:

At 2/19/2006 9:22 AM, Blogger laura said...

Hey maybe she and Jeff can host a class for all your Wandettes? :o)

 
At 2/19/2006 11:50 PM, Blogger Wanda said...

Hmmm... do you think Jeff could carve tiny little crochet hooks from toothpicks? ;)
Zachary wanted to learn how to crochet today, so I taught him to chain and single crochet. It's getting the hands to hold the whole thing right, though, that is the trick. He made a couple of 8" rows, was disappointed in the rough look of his stitches, so ripped it out and just made a long chain. Maybe he'll try again, though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home