The Bee Hive

Sometimes it's honey; sometimes it's sting...

Monday, February 20, 2006

SOCK OR BONNET?



It's so cold here. But at least we are getting a little rain too. I hope that keeps up, but the 'bitter' (yeah, I know...) cold I can do without. After Mass, the religious education students had a really good breakfast - sausages in crescent rolls, apple and orange slices and orange juice, this morning.
Then when I got home, Chuck was cooking pork chops, minute steaks and eggs. Zachary was here too, so we all had a good breakfast.
This afternoon I went to the Rosary for the last of my aunts and uncles on the McFall side of the family. Aunt Elizabeth died of cancer. It was really sad, but it was good for all of us to get together again.
The photos are of the progress I've made on one sock for the crochetalong on the yahoo group. I kept making the cuff smaller and smaller, but it's still loose. The foot part isn't finished yet, but it looks like it's going to be loose and bulky too. It makes a better bonnet for Coconut than it does a sock. Oh, well... Tomorrow I need to get some more yarn. Actually, the same pattern (unfinished, as it is) could be used as a dog sweater. If I shortened the 'turtleneck' and made the rest of it bigger around, it would fit Coconut.

5 Comments:

At 2/21/2006 6:28 PM, Blogger DancesInGarden said...

I think I could eat breakfast every meal, lipitor be darned LOL. For the saggy sock, have you considered adding a single row of slip stitch across the top edge? That usually is not stretchy and might tether it in. Or add an edging using a hook size one or two smaller. It's worth a try anyway. Unless coconut really wants a bonnet - tee hee!

 
At 2/21/2006 9:40 PM, Blogger Cynthia F said...

what a cute pup!
so, i'm dying to know if you tried the funky grilled cheese sandwiches!? :)

 
At 2/21/2006 10:58 PM, Blogger Wanda said...

Thanks for the idea, Dances. I'll see how they end up. Striped socks...yeah, they sound time consuming, switching yarn strands all the time. I found some 'striped yarn' at Hobby Lobby the other day, but they didn't have but a few color choices, and none of them were that great. But if I do find some in better colors, I think that is the way to go.

 
At 2/21/2006 11:08 PM, Blogger Wanda said...

Thank you big girlfeet! We think she is pretty cute, too. ;)

I have the ingredients for the special grilled cheese sandwiches, but haven't made them yet. (If anyone wants to read about scrumptious sounding grilled swiss cheese and mushroom sandwiches on sourdough bread, follow the link to big girlfeet's blog!)

The same day I got the stuff to make them, I also found these really amazing looking, cheap, LARGE pizzas at the Super Walmart deli. "Just heat and eat", they said. So I got one, but that night was too tired to cook and not hungry anyway, so DH had to eat leftovers. That moved everything back a night. So we had the pizza tonight, and the sandwiches are scheduled for tomorrow night, now... except that my sister is coming to spend a couple of days, so if she doesn't get here for tomorrow night's dinner, I may put off making them until the next day, when surely she will be here to enjoy them too.

 
At 2/23/2006 8:34 AM, Blogger laura said...

LOL! LOVE the sock/hoody/doggie sweater!!! Coconut is so adorable with her little blue riding hood on. Makes me want a doggy...I think our kitties would eat it, though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home