The Bee Hive

Sometimes it's honey; sometimes it's sting...

Saturday, March 11, 2006

BLOOMING BLUEBONNET

I should be preparing for that hour long talk I have to give on Sunday. I've got the basic outline done, but it sure looks 'skinny' without the rest fleshed out.
I spent too much time this morning, on the internet looking at crochet patterns. I found a pattern for a cute doll sweater, and think I'll work on that next, while I wait for the next crochetalong. Some of my vintage vinyl dolls need clothes badly.
When I finally dislodged myself from the internet, Zach called to see if I was ready for him to come over and help me with yard work. I went to get him, and Mathieu wanted to come too, and was crying because he couldn't. So I relented and was happily surprised when he played in the front yard the whole time, filling and and emptying and re-filling flower pots. He didn't go towards the street once. He was extra good (comparitively) the other day in Corpus too, so maybe he's maturing a little.
But before we left to come back to the house, we walked around their yard and over by our cabin and all around the front field, looking at wildflowers. They are few and small, but there are some. The photo is the first bluebonnet that bloomed there this season, although by now there are several others in bloom too, and more that are still very small yet. And the other photo is of Zach showing Mathieu a sensitivity plant, and demonstrating it's name.

As soon as we got home, we started in on rehanging the shoes on the shoe tree. That took a lot longer than expected and we were all red-faced and sweating terribly when it was done. We were going to take a break and then plant the tomato plants and other things in the back yard, but Amy came to pick up the boys to go buy a birthday present. As soon as I finish my water, and put another coat of spray paint on the 3 shoes that need it before they can go on the tree, I'll call my friend, Barbara, and tell her I'm ready to pick her up and head to Beeville with 5 puppies in tow.

2 Comments:

At 3/12/2006 9:09 PM, Blogger Peggy said...

Do you ever rest? I get tired just reading your blog *smile*

 
At 3/12/2006 11:02 PM, Blogger Wanda said...

A lot of people say that, but I really feel like a lazy bum. It seems to me that I don't get much of anything accomplished. You should see my house! YIKES!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home