The Bee Hive

Sometimes it's honey; sometimes it's sting...

Friday, March 31, 2006

VET AND DOCTOR ON THE SAME DAY

(It's Friday evening, now, but I just took this photo of Chuck and Patti-Jo, and added it to yesterday's blog entry. Notice she is now wearing a nice new blue harness.)
Patti-Jo is now here. I unexpectedly caught her this morning, and it was a contest getting her in the van. She was terrified. Since I had her, I had to go straight to Beeville with her, to the vet - nails clipped, check-up, parvo shot, bath, dipping, flea drops, heartworm pills, etc., etc. I sure hope R. takes her like he intended to do. He's gone until the weekend though. She and Coconut are enjoying playing, but they got into one nasty altercation over the food dish, so I had to put Patti-Jo in the laundry room for a brief time-out. Tonight, Coconut is exhausted. I guess she has met her match. They ran at break-neck speed circling through the house and over the furniture, for nearly an hour straight, took a break and then continued on. Of course, the cats are aghast at the disgusting turn of events. And Carl is taking a very grim outlook of this developement.

After leaving her at the vet's, I returned home, returned some phone calls, and hurridly got ready for my doctor's appointment, then went back to Beeville. I sat there for an hour and a half, before I got to 'the inner sanctum'. And then it was about an hour and 10 minutes MORE before I got out of there, and RUSHED to the vet's to pick up Patti-Jo before they closed.

Of course my cholesterol was way high. "Lose weight.", she said. And I'll have to take cholesterol medicine too. Only there is apparently an obstruction in my liver, and so I have to have an ultra sound and possibly a catscan. And the lab neglected to do a thyroid screening this time, so I need one of those again. After all that, she'll go from there and also I can get my thyroid medicine adjusted (if needed) and refilled. She renewed my blood pressure medicine with no problem. The cholesterol medicine I 'should' be taking, I can't take with a liver problem, so she gave me some less desirable type of medicine for it until after the testing. Sheesh! What fun! Sooooo I guess it's the straight(er) and narrow(er) for me from now on. Maybe (maybe) I'll walk... 2...miles a day. Not much, but it is 2 miles more than I WANT to walk.

5 Comments:

At 3/31/2006 9:23 AM, Blogger DancesInGarden said...

Patti-Jo is a beautiful dog, and I think she will make a great companion once she calms down a little.

Sorry about the meds and problems, there are days when I feel like an ad for the pharmaceutical industry LOL. Crossing my fingers that your liver problem turns out to be nothing or simple to fix.

 
At 3/31/2006 10:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope Patti Jo settles down Wanda. She's a beautiful dog. The size/type I'd like to have :)

Sure hope they can find out what's causing your liver problems. Seems if it's not one thing, it's another.

 
At 3/31/2006 1:36 PM, Blogger Wanda said...

Thanks, Dances and Val. Yeah, I'm expecting it to be nothing. ;)

 
At 4/01/2006 6:08 AM, Blogger Thorn said...

Wanda, what a beautiful Patti-Jo, and you are just so sweet to take her to the Vet and have her seen to! Never saw a close up pic of Chuck like that, not what I expected at all, totally kewl mustache!...thorn

 
At 4/01/2006 7:15 AM, Blogger Wanda said...

Arg! That mustache! It makes him look 10 years older and very sour. I tell him that, but he still thinks it looks just great!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home