The Bee Hive

Sometimes it's honey; sometimes it's sting...

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

AGGRAVATIONS


Today has been an aggravation for the most part. I finally started my Martha Stewart Coming Home poncho, and it is looking kind of 'twisty'. The pattern instructions are not that explicitly plain, which is what I need. But it seems to be a pretty easy pattern, so I think it will be wearable when I am through... but it sure does strain my eyes to crochet things like that, any more.

I was hungry for 'real food' so called down to the Cafe and ordered a bbq plate. My front tire is very low, nearly flat, so I stopped to air it up on my way. The air machine at the first place was broken, and at the second, I wasted my money because I couldn't get the hose to connect properly to the tire thingy. It was like the hubcap prevented it from fitting correctly. I even got down on my hands and knees and struggled with it, thinking I had it several times, but didn't. Sweat was pouring down my back, face and everywhere else. My hair was blowing all in and around my face, sticking to it, and it was just awful. I finally gave up, having wasted all the quarters, and got my meal and came home. I called Amy to ask Reagan to pleeeease come air it up for me when he gets home this evening, but he may be working late.

I have been trying to grow my hair long enough to donate to locks of love, but I don't know if I'll make it or not. I took some photos of the back of my hair, and -good grief! There were so many broken hairs from where I often put it in a pony tail! I was shocked because I only use soft scrunchies - no rubber bands or elastic bands or anything like that! So I guess now it is either braid it (which is actually the reason I started to let my hair grow again in the first place) or twist it up and clip it in back. But the washing, combing out, and fooling with it is driving me crazy.

Amy came over to see if I had any homecoming mum stuff left over from last year, and to also borrow a cookbook. I did have one sack full of leftover mum makings and a how-to book that I gave her too.

1 Comments:

At 10/16/2005 12:47 PM, Blogger Thorn said...

I know what you mean about the washing, combing and broken hair, Wanda! I had about 10 inches taken off a couple months ago for that very reason...clumps of hair in my hands after shampooing and conditioning! Still isn't any better with it to my shoulders, plus it's still a lot to keep colored. I should just go short and be done with it!...carrie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home