The Bee Hive

Sometimes it's honey; sometimes it's sting...

Friday, October 07, 2005

PUMPKINS!


We got our first cold front of the year, overnight. It dropped the temperature down to about 68. I was glad to turn off the a.c. when I got up.
Chuck called, and he'll be home tomorrow sometime. Luckily, I am in a kind of cooking mood. I went to town and got groceries, including oysters which I coated in cornmeal and fried for my dinner. Yum! I also bought a bag of small 'tiger pumpkins' and 4 large pumpkins. Four, because that was as many as I wanted to deal with today. I'll get more later. I waited until it was a little bit too dark for a photo, so that's why it looks kind of grainy and odd-colored.

1 Comments:

At 10/08/2005 10:21 AM, Blogger laura said...

YAY for the cold weather! This is our Fair weekend and the Parade was chilly and wonderful!

YAY for Pumpkins! I saw in a magazine an idea of carving your address into the pumpkin.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home