The Bee Hive

Sometimes it's honey; sometimes it's sting...

Friday, October 07, 2005

PUMPKINS!


We got our first cold front of the year, overnight. It dropped the temperature down to about 68. I was glad to turn off the a.c. when I got up.
Chuck called, and he'll be home tomorrow sometime. Luckily, I am in a kind of cooking mood. I went to town and got groceries, including oysters which I coated in cornmeal and fried for my dinner. Yum! I also bought a bag of small 'tiger pumpkins' and 4 large pumpkins. Four, because that was as many as I wanted to deal with today. I'll get more later. I waited until it was a little bit too dark for a photo, so that's why it looks kind of grainy and odd-colored.

2 Comments:

At 10/08/2005 10:21 AM, Blogger Laura said...

YAY for the cold weather! This is our Fair weekend and the Parade was chilly and wonderful!

YAY for Pumpkins! I saw in a magazine an idea of carving your address into the pumpkin.

 
At 10/08/2005 11:15 AM, Blogger no name said...

wow.. you got some great pumpkins! we always wait til the last minute it seems. the hub usually wants to carve it up right away and then they rot very fast. I never thought about just getting several, so he'll leave the rest alone!
nice photo... doesn't look too dark.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home