The Bee Hive

Sometimes it's honey; sometimes it's sting...

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

PUMPKIN MAIL ART / BOUNCE TO BAGHDAD

I got some more mail art today in response to my pumpkin/jack-o-lantern mail art call. The great postcard on the left, on top of the pretty envelope, is from Brenda K. Thanks!!! The other pieces of art there are ones I have done. And oops! - I forgot my ATC, too. Oh, well - another time.
Nothing too exciting today. I had to go to town again, like most days. I got several emails from Stewart (oldest son). He wants me to send him Bounce Fabric Softener sheets, some strip insulation stuff and some caulk and a caulking gun. He is working in Baghdad, and says he is tired of the sand and light coming in his room while he is trying to sleep. He works nights and sleeps days. I asked him what he wanted the Bounce sheets for, and he said to make his clothes soft and smell good. The ones in the PX, he doesn't like. Picky! ;) Sheesh, I don't even use fabric softener. LOL!

4 Comments:

At 9/28/2005 8:55 AM, Blogger laura said...

A MAN requesting bounce, in Iraq no less. That cracks me up...big tough Haliburton (?) man smellng 'spring time fresh'. ;o) Way to go Bounce!

 
At 9/28/2005 12:16 PM, Blogger Wanda said...

What can I say? ;P

 
At 10/01/2005 12:03 PM, Blogger Thorn said...

Wanda, when people send the mail art...do they just do the art and send it through the mail as is, with no envelope? Do you know what I mean? These things look as though they have postmarks and stamps right on the art itself? Is that the way it is done?...carrie

 
At 10/01/2005 1:51 PM, Blogger Wanda said...

Carrie, I know exactly what you mean. Some do and some don't. The few times I've asked someone how they want me to send something to them, they've said 'naked', to where the scruffs and marks become part of the mood of the work. I send and receive both ways. Sometimes there are fibers that would get caught in machines, or tiny metal pieces that would get scraped off. But then if I am sending a painted shoe, for instance, that is meant to go as is, to see if it makes it, and to be more of a surprise for everyone who encounters it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home