The Bee Hive

Sometimes it's honey; sometimes it's sting...

Sunday, September 25, 2005

DOUBLE GRANDSON DAY

This is Mathieu, our youngest grandchild. The photo was taken in June. I kept him today from about 3pm - 8pm. We colored, cut paper shapes, (I taught him how to hold the scissors correctly.), made paper airplanes, constructed balance beams and wobbley see-saw type beams. He was remarkably good at balancing on them. With the blocks, he built houses and castles for 'Woody' the cowboy figure, and ramps and bridges for the cars. We read books - his favorites here, being an I Spy book and artist George Rodrique's 'Blue Dog Man' - LOL! We also went outside where he explored, played on the swing set, pushed my garden storage/seat thing-on-wheels around, while I fed the cats, rabbit and Carl, and watered flowerbeds and pots. We didn't once turn on the tv, and only got into one arguement where I had to point out the time-out chair. LOL! He loves dragging EVERYTHING out, but hates picking anything up. I cooked dinner and he ate before he left, then Zachary came and ate too. Zach spends each Saturday night here, but he got here so late tonight, that we didn't get to do anything except talk, watch a movie, and go to Dairy Queen for ice cream. He read a little when the movie was over, but is asleep now.
So now I am preparing some extras for tomorrow morning's junior high class - a couple of games and activities to go with the lesson. I'm looking forward to it.

3 Comments:

At 9/25/2005 2:00 PM, Blogger laura said...

i really like that owl pillow. did you make it? it looks soft and comfy, like an old quilt.

you sure are a good grandma. what do the kids call you?

 
At 9/25/2005 2:52 PM, Blogger Wanda said...

*blush* Thanks, Laura. They all call me 'Grandma', and Chuck is 'Grandpa'. Growing up, my grandparents were 'Mommie and Poppy' and 'Big Mama and Grandpa'. ;)
The pillow is a Goodwill find. That ATC I sent you ages ago was based on this pillow. Actually, it is stuffed tightly - pretty hard actually.

 
At 9/28/2005 11:19 PM, Blogger laura said...

heeey, i remember that atc! no wonder i like that pilla so much! ;o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home