The Bee Hive

Sometimes it's honey; sometimes it's sting...

Friday, September 16, 2005

BROCCOLI-MUSHROOM SALAD

This is the broccoli mushroom salad I made a little while ago. Now it has to marinate overnight in the refrigerator so it will be ready for the parish covered dish lunch tomorrow. I'm also making chicken salad sandwiches and ham salad sandwiches, but can't spread those until in the morning. Tomorrow is the dedication of the new/old shrine. The bishop will be here to celebrate Mass with us, and then, there is a meal afterwards.
Today was a long, but satisfying day. I FINALLY went in to the medical building and got the gross lab work done. I have a phobia about needles in my veins, and today I had to get three of them. I had to fast from midnight, go in and have them draw 3 vials of blood, go eat breakfast, wait an hour, come back and they'd do it again...then wait another hour and do it a third time. YUCK! But I am so relieved that it is over. The anticipation and dread is always a lot worse than the actual thing. I also had to go to the supermarket, the bank, etc. So I got a lot done.
Then this evening I picked up Zachary for Mass and we went. Father Sebastian asked me to offer the Prayers of the Faithful in Mass tomorrow morning. So I need to type them up tonight and compose the other petitions he wanted to be added.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home