The Bee Hive

Sometimes it's honey; sometimes it's sting...

Sunday, September 11, 2005

LOOKING FOR 'MONIKERS'

Everyone was up already when I got up this morning. Chuck took Zach and Mathieu out to breakfast. In the afternoon, I went to a town not too far from here where they park boxcars, to look for monikers. I didn't see any, but couldn't get close OR see the other sides. So I followed the tracks for awhile, ending up a good distance away, and took a photo of this engine in a different town. There was some graffiti on some of the boxcars, but it didn't appear to be what I was looking for.
Zach is spending the night again tonight.

2 Comments:

At 9/16/2005 5:10 AM, Blogger Thorn said...

Wanda, what are monikers?..carrie

 
At 10/10/2005 2:22 AM, Blogger Wanda said...

Carrie, I don't know when you wrote this, but I am just now seeing it. I almost never go back past the 'current' messages to look for comments.
Anyway, 'monikers' are the 'signatures' and/or little 'pictures' drawn on boxcars by hobos, or hobbyists into this activity. ...different than graffiti or mural like drawings.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home