The Bee Hive

Sometimes it's honey; sometimes it's sting...

Saturday, October 01, 2005

BUSY, BUSY DAY


This is Nissa, on her way to the vet, first thing this morning. She contacted feline head mange (sheesh!) and today was her second trip to be dipped. She takes it well, and was actually playful on the way home, squirming upside down, reaching through the cage and batting and grabbing my purse strap. Carl had to go along too, this afternoon, when I went to pick her up. I told him 'No', but he pushed through the door with me anyway, and since he 'rarely, if ever, does that, I let him go with me.
My phone was ringing when I got up, and Lydia wanted me to come re-write part of the grant application. I read it, and boy did it NEED to be rewritten. But I took it home to do it. Then she called again to see if I wanted to go have lunch with her, so I met her at the cafe for a Friday special - fried catfish, hushpuppies, okra gumbo, coleslaw, fries and peach cobbler.
Other highlights of the day - evening Mass, rounding up stuff with Zach for a school project, unloading the 4 sacks of stuff that have been in my van for a week, into the religious ed. building.
I was in and out all day - mostly out. You KNOW I was busy when I didn't have time to relax at the computer until 7pm today. ;) There were so many things I wanted to do tonight, but now I am so sleepy I can hardly keep my eyes open. I'm heading for bed.

1 Comments:

At 10/01/2005 8:43 AM, Blogger laura said...

oooooweee, lunch sounded good! maybe today will be an easier pace?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home