The Bee Hive

Sometimes it's honey; sometimes it's sting...

Thursday, September 01, 2005

ANDREW AND BUDDHA

This is our youngest son and his puppy. He finally moved from an apartment to a house with a fenced backyard, so the first thing he did was to get a puppy, since he finally could. :)
I drove up there today and we ate lunch out, then went computer shopping. Afterwards, since Samantha had to take the new car into the shop!, I dropped him off at the college.
I left my favorite internet art group today. The hurricane had turned it into a Bush-bashing forum, and I certainly don't need shovel loads of negativity dumped into my online life. Why is it that anti-whatever people and negativity spewing people are so vocal with their every thought, but others are not? After I left the group, I got several emails saying, 'thanks for speaking up - I feel the same way' and things like that. It just seems much easier nowadays to be negative and 'anti'. That is always socially acceptable, while the opposing view is frequently not.

3 Comments:

At 9/02/2005 11:02 PM, Blogger Wanda said...

Thanks, p.t. He is our youngest. The art on the wall is his that he did in his teens. I meant to mention that in my post, but forgot. Samantha (his girlfriend) and Buddha came by today. Carl and Laverne (our dogs) do NOT like their new little nephew! Too darn cute and bouncey. ;)

 
At 9/03/2005 2:29 AM, Blogger Thorn said...

Wanda, have you seen the news clips of Bush hugging and kissing the evacuees? I'm telling you, it just brings me to tears! His father sure should be proud of him! He is the best prez that I can ever remember..I don't care what anyone says! And I know it's not JUST about hugging and kissing, but imagine what he has on his mind right now!...carrie

 
At 9/03/2005 3:02 AM, Blogger Wanda said...

No, I haven't Carrie. I haven't seen much coverage at all, stangely enough! I rarely have the tv on unless I am watching one of my regular night time shows. But I have seen some of the coverage, and read a lot. I am a Bush supporter too. Regardless of how some people think, the man is not responsible for every single bad thing that happens on the planet. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home