The Bee Hive

Sometimes it's honey; sometimes it's sting...

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

GREEN WEDNESDAY...AND GAMES


Yesterday, I dug through my button jar and got out all my green ones for the first photo. Not many!
Later, Zach called wanting to know if he and Mat could come over. I was wanting to get a little housework done first, so I told him 'not right now', but that I'd pick them up when I finished up a couple of things. But then I changed my mind and called back and said I was going to go to Beeville to get us all Subway sandwiches, and I'd pick them up when I got back. So when I stopped by to pick them up, I took this photo of Chuck's new emerald green horse trailer.
Zach and Mat spent the night, too. Well, Zach did. Mat changed his mind about 10:30. They brought over two games to play. Mathieu brought Cranium's Sounds of the Seashore, and Zachary brought Cranium. In our family, we used to play games all the time - every day, in fact. We'd get huge tournaments going for all kinds of things. We'd play Monopoly, Scrabble, Who's On First, Mad, WaHoo, Parchessi, Dam Busters, Tri-Ominoes, Pictionary, Trivial Pursuit, Dominoes, Yahtzee, Backgammon, and all kinds of card and dice games.
When the grandchildren started coming, we kept it up, although not nearly as avidly. A 2-3 times weekly game of Candyland, or Cootie or Go Fish or something. Now, I hate to admit, I can hardly stand to play a board game. So it was somewhat of a trial to get through each of the boys' games once. Isn't that awful to admit?! I need to do better. On the other hand, if any of the grandchildren are playing Sims2, Sims2: Pets, Animal Crossing, Harvest Moon, or Viva Pinata on any of the video consoles, I am THERE, and we are discussing every move.
Reagan and Amy picked up Mathieu for a short time to take him to get two (ouch!) shots he needs before starting Kindergarten in September. While they were gone, I had Zach help me pull some weeds from around the compost pile and in the tomato patch. I also managed to sweep the front part of the house, wash dishes, clear some trash out, and clean the fridge. Later that afternoon, after Mat returned, we all went out back and threw frisbies with the dogs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home