The Bee Hive

Sometimes it's honey; sometimes it's sting...

Monday, July 09, 2007

GASP! IT'S BLUE TUESDAY!

I have no shame. Good grief! I didn't realize my eyes were that bloodshot! Anyway... (NEway?) My blue head wrap is a long scarf I bought at Goodwill (where else?!) a long time ago. I bought it to use as wall covering in one of my Wandette stories. But it didn't work so well, so it had been languishing around the house ever since. A couple of weeks ago, while I was painting, I saw it on my art table and wrap-tied it around my head on a whim. I was pleased to find that it kept my hair out of my eyes and away from my face so I could paint more comfortably. It looks somewhat Frida-ish, no? Or maybe that is 'freakish'. Or maybe the expression is more Salvador Dali. Oh, well...
The huge blue earrings came from Walmart not too, too long ago. They are of the LARGE, tacky variety that I love.
The ring is a Linde Star sapphire and diamond one that my father bought me when I was 16. My grandfather, who was a farmer when I knew him, had been a jeweler at one time. He gave my older sisters a ruby and an emerald, which they had made into rings. (Right, Jan?) So Daddy thought I should have a nice ring too.
The blue shirt is just the one I happened to be wearing anyway. I am the Queen of the Solid Colored T-Shirts. And the blue eyes are just standard equipment.

1 Comments:

At 7/10/2007 11:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, GREAT use of your resources!!
Laura

 

Post a Comment

<< Home