The Bee Hive

Sometimes it's honey; sometimes it's sting...

Saturday, June 30, 2007

TWO MORE



..."The remains of the day..." I think Jimmy Stewart's character, Elwood P. Dowd, in the movie, Harvey, commented on those being such beautiful words. It was early evening when I took these two beautiful art postcards and wedged them in the honeysuckle vine to photograph them in the dimming light. They arrived today from Washington and Colorado. Thanks, Anna and Dana!

I love the movie, Harvey. It has two of my favorite things - eccentricity and imaginary friends. I had a LOT of imaginary friends as a child. 'Fess up! Did you????

7 Comments:

At 7/01/2007 11:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No. I know you've told me who your IF's were, but I've forgotten. Can you refresh my memory? (Oh, boy, can't wait to hear this!)

Jan

 
At 7/03/2007 8:30 PM, Blogger Wanda said...

LOL! I'll email you. I thought I'd get a few comments on this subject, but...nope! You and I must be the only weirdos interested in this subject. And I'm the main weirdo for having so many. LOL!

 
At 7/06/2007 12:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe that so called imaginary friends are not really imaginary. Know what I mean? (cue theme music from the Twilight Zone)
Laura K.

 
At 7/07/2007 4:27 PM, Blogger Wanda said...

Mother wryly laughted (I overheard) one time when I was very small, that if I had lived in another time I would have been burned as a witch.

Jan, remember 'Amosy-Thomases'? That symbol I used to make all the time, when I was really little? I know I made it with sticks, but don't remember if I drew it too.

 
At 7/07/2007 4:28 PM, Blogger Wanda said...

Doh! Another dumb typo! The word is 'laughed'.

 
At 7/08/2007 5:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When you mentioned "Amosey-Thomases" to me in the past, I remembered the name/word, but I can't remember anything about it. Sorry. Do you still remember what the symbol looked like?

Jan

 
At 7/08/2007 5:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When you mentioned "Amosey-Thomas" to me in the past, I remembered the name/word, but don't remember anything about it. Do you remember what the symbol looked like?

Jan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home