The Bee Hive

Sometimes it's honey; sometimes it's sting...

Friday, June 08, 2007

TOMATOES!

Look at all these tomatoes in my sink! Yum! I have been eating a lot of them lately cut up, with mayonnaise and corn chips. I think the large tomato in the top corner is the heirloom 'Mr. Stripey'. It's not so stripey though, but you can see some striping, at least. It is HUGE. You can't really tell that from the photo, but it is the largest tomato I think I have ever seen.

A lot of my tomatoes have been lost to the bugs - stink bugs and leaf-footed something or others and one more kind. I have been doing hand to hand combat with them (squishing - ugh!) and also spraying the tomatoes and bugs with a bottle of soapy water when I feel like it. I don't know if it is doing much good or not. It was supposed to be a bar of Castille Soap, cut up into a spray bottle of water, but I had to use a bar of Ivory instead.
There is a new cooperative blog that I was directed to today, that is going to be wonderful! It is http://www.simpleactsofgreen.blogspot.com/ . Go check it out. It is all about being 'greener'. It will be a daily stop for me.

1 Comments:

At 6/09/2007 12:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My little tomato blooms on my measley four plants hope to grow up to be like their "cousin" tomatoes. That's their goal in life.

Jan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home