The Bee Hive

Sometimes it's honey; sometimes it's sting...

Friday, May 11, 2007

THE GOOD, THE BAD AND THE MUNDANE











Today has been a busy day. Sort of. I guess. I got up and to Mass on time, then went to the Post Office to send off all the bills, and then to Beeville to get dog and cat food and meat for the dogs daily breakfasts. This week it is pork neck bones. Actually, that's what it will be for the next 3 weeks, because I got a good deal on them and bought all they had.
I also bought these magazines and have been trying to read them ever since. When I got back home, I called Andrew who had asked me to let him know when I decided where I wanted him to take me for Mother's Day. Then I called Lydia to see if she wanted to have lunch. She did, but then later called and said she had to go to Beeville to pick up the Mother's Day flowers for Sunday, so we ended up eating from the buffet at New China instead of having catfish at The Chisholm Trail.

Earlier, a man came by to ask if I wanted him to mow and weedeat. I did, since my regular guy is sick. So I had to make sure Patti-Jo was inside, with Carl and Coconut, and crated before I left with Lydia. He was already here and started when I returned, and gosh, he took about 5 hours. I had to let Patti-Jo out the second he was through with the back yard. And Carl and Coconut had to take a potty break while he was still out there. When he finally left, I swept off the doorway and driveway and all that, and sat down with my magazines.

Then a boy came to the door selling tamales. I bought a dozen for $6.50, so I guess that will be my dinner for the next 3 days or so. I have no idea how to get the photos to go where I want them to, so it looks like they are going to stack themselves up at the top of this entry.

After that, I went out to look at my tomatoes and herbs and got the next photos. Yikes! Something is eating my tomatoes... These plants are huge, and as it turned out, planted MUCH too close together, since they got as gigantic as they did. They have pulled the tomato cages out of the ground and laid them sideways, even! There are lots of several different kinds of tomatoes, all green so far....except for one little yellow pear shaped one, which I ate.



3 Comments:

At 5/14/2007 9:10 AM, Blogger The Cookbook Junkie said...

I wish someone would come to my door selling tamales.

And I wish someone would come by and offer to do my dishes after dinner - never mind mowing the lawn!

 
At 5/14/2007 9:48 AM, Blogger Wanda said...

Yeah, that's a great thought, isn't it?! After I finished this day's entry, I almost went back and added a Question of the Day, like you always have. I was going to ask if anyone else has door-to-door people and what they are selling/offering. But...I was too lazy to do that. ;P

 
At 5/17/2007 12:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, there! Your big sister here. One of our close neighbors makes tamales every Friday and has regular customers in the neighborhood. I got some ages ago, but haven't for a long time. They just have TOO many carbs, darn it.
The only door-to-door we have are church people. We did have some yard workers, and now we use one as a regular.

Jan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home