The Bee Hive

Sometimes it's honey; sometimes it's sting...

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

JUST A LITTLE CATCHING UP

I guess you could say Shabree took a personal day, today. I had been so sick recently, and this morning, I just did not hear the alarm. I turned it off in my sleep. When I did wake up it was 10 minutes until 8. School starts at 8. I woke Shabree up, and she had a hard time getting awake, which is not like her on a school day. She did rush, valiantly, because she really does like going to school. But she does NOT like to be late. Gone are the days where if you are late to school, you just walk in the classroom late, and pick up from there. It was 8:20 when we were ready to drive the aproximately 2 blocks to school. So...she opted to take a personal day and make cookies, get the Wandette's Christmas tree and a few other things down from the attic, clear and start the rearranging of Marlene's bookshelf home, for the holidays, and putter around in general. Word on the shelves is that Marlene and Barbara et all are having an early Christmas party for the Kelly dolls. These are three tiny plates of the cookies she made, all wrapped and ready to take to her teachers tomorrow.
This photo was taken Sunday before last - just because I like flowers and bugs. I have no idea what kind of bugs these were, inside the faded pink rose.
Garrett came home from Pasedena for the weekend a couple of weeks ago, and hung lights all around the front and side of the house for me. Such a good son!
Here is Coconut on Thanksgiving Day over at the cabin.
This photo of Mathieu and Shabree was taken in front of the rectory the same day I took the bugs and rose photo. Would you believe this big poinsettia originated from one planted after Christmas one year from the altar flowers?! You can't see, but it spreads wide the other way too, and is about 10-12 feet tall.
Aren't they cute?! These are three of our youngest religious education students - Mathieu, Lucy and Maya.

That's it, I guess. If I'd post more often, I'd have more to tell. But when I have to catch up like this, any stories I want to relate would take forever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home