The Bee Hive

Sometimes it's honey; sometimes it's sting...

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

HALLOWEEN 2006

This was the extent of our Halloween decorations this year... well, except for a really tacky spider web 'sort of' covering the indention to the front door. All I can say is the product in the package looks nothing like the picture on the front. Next year, I really do want to have my scarecrows up again, and early too. This year, we had heavy rains during the first part of the month and I'd just put it off until the rains passed, but then there would be more. And by the time all the rainy weather was gone, I had just lost my steam.
Shabree got that aggravating pre-teen self-consciousness as soon as she got her complete costume on, and had to wash off the pink facial make-up that I labored over, and then discard the wig that 'made' the costume. Sigh... The little skirt thingy looked great early on, until too much wear and tear kind of flattened it and made it stringy.
Zachary was the Man in the Iron Mask, and Mathieu was a pirate. They had to help with a 4-H carnival in Beeville before coming to our house, kind of late. After they got there, they and Shabree went trick-or-treating, but that late Reagan and Amy only found about 4 houses to go to. Shabree had gone to two houses in our neighborhood earlier. She was disappointed in the way things turned out.
Well, this photo turned out particularly unflattering. I was too lazy - er, TIRED - to get my Queen of Cards collar and crown out of the attic, and it was so darned HOT tonight that I wasn't looking forward to wearing the long red skirt, heavy black blouse, and black high-tops. So I just wore some black capris, a black t-shirt, loafers with yellow and black socks and my BIG chunky monkey and banana necklace. Then when Shabree took off the wig, I decided someone should get some use out of it, so I wore it too.
Our official trick-or-treater count this year was 137. That is up from '04 (111) and '05 (121). Not bad. I was afraid it was going to be very low this year with a 4-H Halloween carnival going on in the next town, which included a good number of local kids. But trick-or-treaters started coming at 6pm and the last stragglers were gone by about 8:45.

3 Comments:

At 11/01/2006 1:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

.....and the prize for the best costume goes to........WANDA!!!!!

Jan

 
At 11/02/2006 1:04 PM, Blogger ~Mandy~ said...

I wish the pre-teen would not have washed all that off! I would have LOVED to see how she looked with it all done up!

 
At 11/04/2006 11:17 AM, Blogger The Joyful Artist said...

I am not sure which is scarier ...
pre-teens or what is to come.

giggling Cin

 

Post a Comment

<< Home