The Bee Hive

Sometimes it's honey; sometimes it's sting...

Saturday, October 07, 2006

PROOF!

...That sometimes I actually cook something that turns out delicious! Cooking is not my thing. At least not anymore. Why, I have no idea. I used to cook and enjoy it. Now it's nearly always an unpleasant chore. And more often than not, things don't turn out too well. BUT! Today I made a peach cobbler to take to the casual lunch that we have every First Friday, right after the 11:30 prayer for families in our parish. I was worried when I found out I didn't have enough sugar when it came time to add it to the recipe...so I substituted powdered sugar. Then, I didn't have milk, so I substituted some left over undiluted canned milk. Anyway, it was really, really good. And my friends were relieved...and probably surprised. Ha! They mugged for the camera so I could have proof that I really did make something delicious.
Then in talking with my cousin later in the afternoon, she told me that this peach cobbler recipe was the same one that our grandmother always made. I didn't know that. It is the same kind my mother made too, so I guess she and Big Mama (my grandmother) had the same recipe.
Here is Shabree right after I did the whole hairdresser thing from start to finish this week - 17 braids. She is at the homecoming football game with Chuck and Zachary tonight. Actually, the game is over. We lost for the first time this season. Bummer.

2 Comments:

At 10/09/2006 2:04 PM, Blogger Jamie said...

Wanda you are a braiding machine, Shabree looks beautiful!!!

 
At 10/30/2006 11:50 PM, Blogger Wanda said...

Thank you, Jamie! :) I read your blog, too, and it's always so interesting and beautiful. Love your woodsy walks!
Right now Shabree's hairstyle is in 6 braids and in even 'blocks', not elipses like usual when I do 6-8 braids. It is kind of fun, but time-consuming, too...and the amount of cooperation I receive varies greatly. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home