The Bee Hive

Sometimes it's honey; sometimes it's sting...

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!

TaDa! This is the special hat I made to celebrate the day...well, the day before, as it turned out. We had our 4th of July celebration the night before.
Shabree looked so cute in her new boots and 'Cowgirl' shirt, that I had her pose in front of the biggest crepe myrtle before we left the house. With the rain we've been having, the crepe myrtles are blooming profusely all over town.
Shabree and I went over to the cabin around 7. Chuck was already there, barbequeing. Most everyone invited was already there too. All together there were about 18 people. We all had a great time.
Shabree got to ride Starlight. (Shabree, Jessica and Chuck)
The adults sat around the fire ring and talked. (Reagan, - son #2 - and our friend, Nicki)
Mathieu, along with friends, Tristan and Savannah rode bikes, jumped on the trampoline and ran around.
Along with other delicious food, Nicki brought a very appropriate dessert.
I enjoyed wearing my hat the whole evening.
Of course, everyone was very envious.
Son #3, Garrett

9 Comments:

At 7/04/2006 11:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess Shabree passed up on the hat and just left you swinging in the wind!

You can bet if I had been there, I would have fought to wear that beauty. ;)

Jan

 
At 7/04/2006 12:10 PM, Blogger Wanda said...

Yes, sadly, Shabree has not inherited my fashion sense.

Stangely enough, I think Chuck was truly impressed with it.

Samantha tried it on, too, but I didn't get a photo.

 
At 7/05/2006 8:10 AM, Blogger Peggy said...

looks like you had a wonderful time! love your hat!

 
At 7/10/2006 12:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is your dog a Basenji? I think Coconut was the name. I have Basenjis, so I was just curious. Basenji or not, he/she is a cute little thing.

April

 
At 7/10/2006 12:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is Coconut a basenji? Or maybe has some basenji in him/her? I have basenji's so I was just curious. :-)

April

 
At 7/10/2006 6:42 PM, Blogger Wanda said...

Thanks, April. :) No, she is a Jack Russell Terrorist...er, I mean, 'Terrier'. There is somewhat of a resemblance to a basinji, though. We had one of those a long, long time ago. He was a great dog.

 
At 7/12/2006 5:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi wanda,it looks like yall had a great time at the cook out for the 4th. and i love your hat.
sue

 
At 7/12/2006 9:28 PM, Blogger verbestof7 said...

Hi, I loved the hat too. I may make one for next year! I never think of making anything but yard decorations I guess I need to make something for me. I can see my kids rolling their eyes now..lol

 
At 7/13/2006 12:33 AM, Blogger Wanda said...

Thanks, Sue and verbestof7! Yeah, those eye rolls make it all worthwhile. LOL!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home