The Bee Hive

Sometimes it's honey; sometimes it's sting...

Thursday, June 22, 2006

YELLOW WEDNESDAY

The yellow bees and bee hive that hang on the secretary door are my 'yellow' for today.
Today's highlights...? I guess that was
1.) when Reagan came over after work to pick up the large package of pork carnitas to take home to barbecue. And then later Amy brought back half of them. So we both got dinner out of that large package of meat. They were delicious! Reagan is an excellent bbq-er.
2.) Garrett came over after work and visited for awhile. He's really funny and we always laugh when he's around. I got his take on the various people I've had mowing the yard lately.
3.) Evening Mass and talking with friends afterwards.
Here are two small paintings I did last night. Both of them are 4" X 4-3/4" Untitled (so far) and
"Lunacy"

6 Comments:

At 6/21/2006 11:10 PM, Blogger ~Mandy~ said...

Wanda,
I really like your "beehive" door hanger; is it by-chance a windchime? Anyway, things around here are kind of sad... It makes me miss my daughter even more! Mac is still at the "donor's" house. She has been gone a week yesterday, and will not return until July 7th. I am counting the days. The good news is that I am getting some things around the house done that I might now have with her here (i.e. cleaning the carpets...1 more room to go!). The next step is cleaning out the storage shed- oh boy! Take care! Mandy~

 
At 6/22/2006 1:54 AM, Blogger Wanda said...

Nope, it's not a windchime. It's just a wooden hive and two wooden bees. I really like bee items.
I checked your blog earlier today and read about the one murdered soldier being someone you knew. I am so very sorry.

 
At 6/22/2006 1:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Wanda!

These 2 new paintings are AMAZING! Both of them evoke strong feelings in me. Way to go!!!
Danny (fIDOArt)

 
At 6/22/2006 1:53 PM, Blogger Wanda said...

Thanks, Danny! I am thrilled that you like them. I was t r y i n g to go for the deceptively simple, dreamy, subtle, powerful look Jamie does so well, but I just couldn't get it to work for me. (There is only one Jamie!) ;) So I gave up and just let them 'be'. LOL!

 
At 6/24/2006 10:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i like your paintings wanda.

 
At 6/26/2006 2:47 PM, Blogger Wanda said...

Thanks, Sue! :) I like your buns....um, Cinnamon Buns, I mean. LOL!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home