The Bee Hive

Sometimes it's honey; sometimes it's sting...

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

GRANDCHILDREN'S ART

Okay, you know I just had to do this eventually. Zach spent the night here last night, as well as all day yesterday and today. He and Shabree got into everything imaginable, including my paints. Here are some of the results.
Zachary (11) has been drawing horses since he was two. They are by far and away his favorite art subject.

And here is another one. He was telling me something last night about a certain tribe of Indians who preferred appaloosas, and painted tiny spots on their horses. I think. I am not sure I remember the information correctly.

Here is my favorite one of Shabree's. She is 10. This is a picture of her crying over a cousin's death. The young man was in his early 20's, played college basketball, had asthma and died playing basketball. It was really sudden, and a shock to everyone. That is him at the bottom of the picture, representing him in her memory. And the darker blue right below her, is a pool of tears that she's cried, flowing off the side of the picture. It is such a heartfelt, poignant painting. She wants to make copies for several people in the family, and put the original on eBay.
She did this one, just having fun with the process. She has made abstract paintings like this before and I copy them, cut them to size and use them as postcards or note cards. So she made this new design for me.
This is an artist trading card she drew and colored with markers about a year ago. She was trying out drawing faces sort of like the ones I do.

That's it for tonight's photos. With Zach's (and Mathieu's) help today, I got more shoes hung on the shoe tree and finally got my compost enclosure put up.

5 Comments:

At 6/14/2006 12:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My great-niece and great-nephew (is that a term?) have definitely inherited talent from their grandmother!

Jan

 
At 6/15/2006 11:38 AM, Blogger The Cookbook Junkie said...

Wow! I'm really impressed. They're both very talented.

 
At 6/15/2006 12:08 PM, Blogger Wanda said...

Thanks Jan and Paula. :) *beaming with pride*

 
At 6/15/2006 6:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

They are both very talented Wanda, I like them all,they sure do take after Grandma! I have to show my Mom, she'll be impressed too! And yes Great Aunt Jan, Great Niece and Great Nephew is a term(giggling).
Renie

 
At 6/15/2006 6:57 PM, Blogger Wanda said...

Thanks, Renie. :) Shabree painted some more pictures today, but didn't like any of them and threw them in the trash. I rescued one - a sunset over water. She doesn't like her paintings most of the time because she expects them to be closer to a photo than a more loosely interpreted(?) painting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home