The Bee Hive

Sometimes it's honey; sometimes it's sting...

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

MYSTERY....SOLVED

CHRISSY - Hey, what happened to our log?
MARTIN - I don't know! It was here yesterday...

DOG - I know, but unfortunately, I don't speak your language, and you don't understand mine.

NISSA - Ditto.

THREE BLIND MICE - We didn't see a thing!

Let's go get Marlene!

MARLENE - You're right! It's completely disappeared!

CHRISSY - Sabrina, what happened to your arm?
SABRINA - *sniffle* Coconut kidnapped me and was playing, and chewed part of my arm off.
CHRISSY and MARTIN - *GASP!!!* How terrible!
Hugs... SABRINA - Yes, Wanda was very sad about it. I'm practically vintage, you know. She's looking into a transplant, but it'll probably be a long time until she finds a donor.
JANE - What is going on here?
MARLENE - The old log that the kids always played on has disappeared.
MARTIN - Yeah! I bet space aliens took it! They wanted it for scientific experinents and whooshed it up with their flying saucer!

MARLENE - Um...I don't think so.

JANE WEST - And then what would these supposed aliens want the old rotary lawn mower for? It's missing too.

CHRISSY and SABRINA - Spare parts!

MARLENE - I think it is much more likely that the sock monkeys are behind this.

MARTIN - If a sock monkey and an alien got into a fight, who would win?
MARLENE - Sigh...

BARBARA - I knew it!
-----------------------------------



Okay, ... I am sooo embarrassed to admit this, but with the help of the Wandettes, I found out what happened to my log. The only mystery is where my brains are. Sigh... In my defence, I guess I will plead that it was dusk, then dark last night when I looked for it. Chuck went out too, and couldn't find it.

And since I have run my mouth off AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLL over the internet about this, I guess I have to own up to my mistake. The log is still there, it just collapsed in on itself. And with all the rain, that probably aided it's collapse, the plants, grass and weeds just took over like kudzu or something. Sigh... I am just so embarrassed. I will never live this one down with my sister and kids.

I swear that Chuck and I both looked closely, last night, and couldn't see any part of it through the plants. And there was a funny empty spot there where I guess the front side had been covering, before it fell inward. The only reason I found out that it was still there was because Shabree and I were doing a 'Wandette shoot' there this afternoon, and I eventually saw small sections of the log peeking through, farther back from where the log was supposed to be.

Yep, just call the men in white coats!

Oh, and the rotary lawnmower is still 'missing', but I am wondering if it is not out back in the shed or the old horse stall and Shabree just didnt see it...

7 Comments:

At 6/06/2006 9:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Wanda, glad the mystery was solved, love your Wandettes!!! Now maybe they can help find the lawnmower!!

Renie

 
At 6/06/2006 10:20 PM, Blogger Wanda said...

Ha! It's probably fallen over in the tall grass somewhere! LOL!

 
At 6/07/2006 11:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wanda, I love your little skits with the Wandettes, and poor Sabrina, with part of her arm missing and all bandaged up...
Well, glad you had help in solving your mystery....it helps to laugh and spice up your life with a little mystery....LOL...
Brenda

 
At 6/07/2006 11:44 AM, Blogger Wanda said...

Thanks, Brenda. I do enjoy doing them. And I just feel so bad for Sabrina, even though she's 'just' a doll. She is one of Shabree's dolls, but also one of my favorites.
Yeah, if I couldn't laugh at myself, I really would be in a mes. LOL!

 
At 6/07/2006 8:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If your sister ribs you about this, you can always throw in her face the "Buc Day parade fiasco of 1976"!
Laura

 
At 6/07/2006 9:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, Missy, let's just leave the year 1976 out of this!

Your Mom

 
At 6/07/2006 11:23 PM, Blogger Wanda said...

Oh yes...the thought of her 'Fiasco of '76' brought me some comfort yesterday...and many times over the years, actually. *snicker* ...*wink, wink*. Consider it 'thrown in your face', Jan. LOL!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home