The Bee Hive

Sometimes it's honey; sometimes it's sting...

Thursday, June 01, 2006

ANOTHER 'VOLUNTEER'

...And this one is camped on my doorstep and looking in the door. She (I think it's a 'she') showed up here in the wee hours of Tuesday morning, when she about gave Chuck a heart attack when she snuck up behind him as he was outside getting ready to leave for work before daylight. He mistook her for a coyote at first. Then yesterday afternoon, Patti-Jo was throwing a fit outside. From her frantic and vicious tirade, I naturally assumed that a whole gaggle of drunks had descended upon our backyard again, and got off the couch to go see. Actually, I wondered if all the rain had a rattlesnake looking for a new home or something. But she had caught sight of this dog, and was peeking at her between the corner of the house and the trellis in the backyard, from the safety of the porch. I went to the fence, and she came up, cautiously. She was dry then and really bushy furred - a Cowdog/Australian Shepherd type. She has a collar, so I guess I will put an ad in the paper, but I doubt it'll do any good. When I fed Nissa last night, she saw me, and came into the yard. So I put a few extra piles of cat food on the driveway, which I do anyway for the lame tom cat and some of the backyard cats who sometimes come to the front. I assume she ate some of that. She was at the front door this morning, so Shabree and I fed her and she snarfed it right up. Poor dog. She doesn't bother Nissa or any other front yard cats.

4 Comments:

At 6/01/2006 1:08 PM, Blogger nutmeg said...

I'm curious to know how it's been for you with all this conflict about the border wall and eveything else....

PLease share!

 
At 6/01/2006 5:29 PM, Blogger laura said...

poor pup. we finally found the owner of the little dog we discovered on mother's day. they were less than thankful. glad to hear shabrees there. :o) bet ya'll are having fun.

 
At 6/01/2006 6:32 PM, Blogger Wanda said...

Well, I am glad you found the dog's owner...I guess. I sure hope they were glad to have her back, even it they didn't act like it. :(

Shabree is over with Starlight at the moment. ;)

NUTMEG,
I hate to admit it, but I am so wound up and busy in my own little world that I haven't really heard anything much about the border wall. It seems that as I am getting older, I am more detached from more 'current events'. I just don't know that it makes much difference what I think or do about any issue. I know that sounds bad, but...

I have mixed feelings about the illegals...as you can tell if you read some of my first entries when I started this blog. We had a regular trail for them right on the edge of our property on the edge of town. And I have mixed feelings about the so-called minutemen too. I am very sensitive to racism, but I do think that a country has a duty and a right to secure it's borders. Why should an exception be made for this one country's citizens to be allowed to come in illegally? It doesn't make a lot of sense. And it is not just Mexican Nationals coming, there are others entering the U.S. the same way.
I don't mind someone coming to actually work, but there are a lot of Mexican and Central American gang members crossing too, to carry on their illegal activities. Why is it so wrong to expect and demand that ALL who come into our country, go through the right channels and come legally?
I guess a border fence would be a good thing, BUT, I just don't have a lot of faith that it would actually work. But if it did, I would be pleased.

 
At 6/05/2006 11:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm beginning to think that homeless pets mark your house as hobos did years ago, denoting which families are hospitable! The word has definitely spread somehow.

I'm baaaack!

Jan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home