The Bee Hive

Sometimes it's honey; sometimes it's sting...

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

DO I LOOK LIKE A CRACKHEAD TO YOU?

Here is the new pot I bought and then planted with a variety of new plants and put by the front door. I thought the light blue looked nice, considering the shoes hanging from the shoe tree are done in pastels. So I moved the pot of zinnias out back.

Today is chili rellenos day at Taqueria Jalisco in Beeville, so I called Andrew to see if he wanted to go out to lunch, then went to pick him up. I also had to go get some art work copied and get some things at the supermarket. I got the ingredients to make the artichoke-tomato salsa with pita bread chips that I read about on Cookbook Junkie's blog. Maybe I'll make it tomorrow. If I do, I'll try to remember to post a photo. I dropped off my prescription bottle at the pharmacy on the way in, but then forgot to pick it up on the way out. D'oh! Now I have to go back to town tomorrow. And after I was regaling Andrew with how the world would be a much better place if people didn't waste gas so much but conserved gas - and everything - better. I don't think I'll borrow a bike and ride it to Beeville tomorrow though...or saddle up the horse either.

I got into a conversation with someone...who shall remain nameless... about the number of people who are now selling newpapers on the street corners in town. This has only been since Nov. or Dec. Before that there were no street corner sales to the traffic going by. He...or she...said "Why do you go out of your way to buy one from them, when it's much easier to get one at a store you go into anyway?" I contend that they wouldn't be selling the papers in the heat on the street corners if they didn't really need the money. He...or she... contended that they were crackheads or homeless people doing it for beer money and should get a regular job. So when I went into the Bee-Picayune office for my copies, I commented to the guy who waited on me about the number of newspaper persons on the streets now. He perked up and was tellng me about territories and acting like he thought I was considering doing it. Ha! He obviously doesn't know me at all! I asked him if they had to be bonded...thinking that would disprove 'someone's' theory, but he didn't know. He said it really wasn't his department and recommended me to someone else. Oh, well... Soooo....after we left, I asked 'someone' if he...or she... thought I looked more like a crackhead or a homeless person after beer money. I realize I don't exactly 'dress for success', but I don't drink beer either. LOL! Oh, well...
So, on the way back home, I stopped in the cemetery and cut a piece off of one of the shrubs growing by my great-grandparents' and great uncle's graves. After I got home, I re-cut it under water, trimmed off some distressed parts and stuck it in the water with the ivy. Does anyone have any idea what it might be? It's from a shrub about 2'-3' tall.

Sidenote: TAYLOR HICKS WON AMERICAN IDOL - YAYYYY! "SOUL PATROL - SOUL PATROL!!!"
Now I have to get back to the finale of Top Chef. Go Harold!

3 Comments:

At 5/24/2006 10:13 PM, Blogger alex said...

beautiful pot! And, I would give my kingdom for some good ol' Texas chili rellenos! Heck! My kingdom for a good taqueria!

 
At 5/24/2006 10:57 PM, Blogger Wanda said...

Thanks, Alex! :) And I guess taquerias are pretty scarce in your area.

 
At 5/25/2006 8:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't Taylor Hicks the cutest thing? I'm going to miss seeing him twice a week!
Laura

 

Post a Comment

<< Home