The Bee Hive

Sometimes it's honey; sometimes it's sting...

Monday, May 29, 2006

CHURCH LADY HATS...TRYING TO GET IT OUT OF MY SYSTEM

Miz Wanda Dale's Red Hat...the Gabby Hayes look.
Miz Wanda Wynona's Leopard Print Hat...Gabby Hayes gone wild. Actually, I bought this one for a rockabilly scarecrow last October, but never used it.
Miz Wanda Clara's Cowboy Hat from Mexico - The Lonesome Dove Look
Miz Wanda Leilani's Handpainted Tropical Hat
Miz Wanda Jane Means Business! This one has gone to church too, once a year or two ago, I think.
Miz Wanda Jenny modeling Shabree's Green Hat - Actually I've worn this one to Mass twice lately....the 'Jenny Cavaleri' (spelled right???) look. Shabree's worn it to Mass once or twice, too.
Miz Wanda Josephine modeling Shabree's Hat of Many Colors - I thought about wearing this one to town today, but didn't.
I do have at least a couple more hats that I forgot about while taking these photos. I used to have a small collection of vintage hats, but I sold them to an antique shop. Okay, maybe I am over hats for awhile, now.

3 Comments:

At 5/29/2006 9:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How cute! I never knew you had so many hats. Can I play dress-up when I come to see you? And will you give me a name?

Your sis, Jan

 
At 5/29/2006 9:55 PM, Blogger Wanda said...

Oh...cute's not the word. LOL! You're ASKING for a name??? You mean instead of Jannie Ruthie??? ;P

I took these shortly after I woke up from my nap around 6pm. My headache was worsening, and my camera was acting up, so I quit with the hats I could easily gather up. Shabree has a white one somewhat similar to the green one, and of course, I didn't get into my Speilberg look or my Aunt Jemima look. I got rid of my navy blue brimmed hat recently, but I think there are at least a couple more hats around here somewhere.

Do you have any hats, 'Saster'?

 
At 5/30/2006 12:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not anymore. Just sun visors - I don't think that counts. Back in the days when we had to have our heads covered in church, I was a hat fool! I loved them, and had to buy them at a department store or hat shop. (There were no Wal-Marts)

And by the way, it's "Janis Ruthie", if you don't mind. :)

Sis

 

Post a Comment

<< Home