The Bee Hive

Sometimes it's honey; sometimes it's sting...

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

PURPLE/BLUE TUESDAY...AND DESTRUCTO DOG

Today is Purple Tuesday in my color week, and it's Blue Tuesday in Hula Seventy's color week. So this photo of Barbara arranging flowers ties them both in together, with the help of the blue vase (a Goodwill Store find). The flowers are vitex or chaste tree blooms, anagua tree berries and white blooms, globe amaranth or 'bachelor buttons' as the collequiel name, one lone vinca, and some Mexican petunias.
Then there is this photo, which has nothing to do with lovely photos of the color of the day, but everything to do with why my backyard is such a wreck. With the help of the two boys who came to the door yesterday evening, I had the whole yard and deck picked up and straightened just before dark. This is what I woke up to this morning. Destructo Dog, otherwise known as Patti-Jo, does this every day. She had some help from 'Hazel Coyote', but it was this way every day before Hazel Coyote came here to stay. At the beginning of spring, each of those pots you see in the photo (and more that had already been removed over the course of the past couple of months) held healthy, growing plants. What you can't see is the yard with such varied items as a bottle of transmission fluid, a lawn umbrella, more pots, a broom, and a wire brush, etc., etc. scattered to the four corners. No wonder she needs that nap! I guess I will have to salvage what plants I can and move her 'bed' to the deck table that is almost covered with the new plants I put in pots recently. Too bad we won't be able to use it for dining al fresco this year. But isn't she just the cutest little doggy-girl?

7 Comments:

At 6/20/2006 8:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

well doesnt she look comfortable.lol.

 
At 6/20/2006 8:27 PM, Blogger Wanda said...

Yes, she does... positively peaceful and innocent. LOL! Meanwhile the deck looks like a tornado hit it.

 
At 6/20/2006 9:24 PM, Blogger nutmeg said...

That's my backyard, only due to a gaggle of kids.....

of course they all look angelic when they are sleeping, don't they??

 
At 6/20/2006 9:29 PM, Blogger nutmeg said...

OK, long shot here. Have you posted the picture of the dog you found? When did you find her/him?

Sorry...it's just that my friends' parents from CA brought their Australian Shepherd to the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex and she ran off...last Tuesday.

Again....looonnnngggg shot. Just wondering!

Thanks!
Megan

 
At 6/20/2006 10:56 PM, Blogger Wanda said...

Megan, go back to June 6 - "Mystery Solved". 'DOG' is the one that showed up here, that we call Hazel Coyote. It sure is a loooong shot, but I would be THRILLED if this wonderful dog belonged to someone who loves and misses her.

I'm so sorry that your friends' parents lost their dog. This one showed up here at the end of May.

 
At 6/21/2006 10:21 AM, Blogger ~Mandy~ said...

Wanda,
I've been MIA from blogland...lots of stuff going on here. Just stopped by this am and read all of your blog entries...Your site and photos always bring a smile to my face...just what I need right now! Thanks! Mandy~

 
At 6/21/2006 10:41 AM, Blogger Wanda said...

Good morning, Mandy. Yes, I've been checking your blog, and thought maybe you were away on a trip or something. I hope everything is okay. Is Mac back home yet?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home