The Bee Hive

Sometimes it's honey; sometimes it's sting...

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

YIKES!




This is what I found in my bathroom sink late the other night. It was a really big one. Sorry for the blurry quality of the photo, but I only took one, before getting rid of it before it got away from me. Previously, the last one I had seen was about a year and a half ago, when Coconut found a medium sized one that apparently came out of the computer room closet. Everyone has been talking about how prevelant they are this year. That was a big part of the pre-parish council meeting talk last week, where over half of the people there had encountered quite a few of them recently.
Note that scorpions have 8 legs, making them arachnids. I hadn't thought of or realized that before. Not that they look exactly like the one on my lotto card shower curtain... I had thought that was just artistic license.

3 Comments:

At 6/12/2007 7:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yikes, indeed!! When we lived by the lake, we would find them off and on. Thank goodness, none since we moved to the city

Jan

 
At 6/13/2007 9:18 AM, Blogger The Cookbook Junkie said...

And that's why I'll never live in Texas.

 
At 6/16/2007 7:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a scorpion phobia, a phobia I tell ya...!
Laura K.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home