The Bee Hive

Sometimes it's honey; sometimes it's sting...

Sunday, June 10, 2007

COCONUT, KIDS AND REALITY TV


It doesn't show in the photo, but Coconut developed a huge swollen jaw this afternoon. In the photo, it is where the darker part is, above and below the corner of her mouth. It came up suddenly and then went down again over the course of a very few hours. I looked inside and at her teeth to see if something was lodged there or if there were any marks on the insides of her lips, but there was nothing that I could see. Nothing on the outside either. Whatever it was, I hope all is well now.
Shabree is here. She called last night and wanted me to come pick her up, so I did. It made for a late night, getting home from Corpus Christi and then spending time together. We got up early today to go to morning Mass. Zach and Mat had gone with me Saturday evening. Then this afternoon, Zach came over and he and Shabree had a good time playing video games, being on the computer and just being silly in general.
Tonight I watched the latest episode of The Next Food Network Star. Nikki was eliminated. She seemed very 'stiff' and totally lacking in spontaneity. I don't have a favorite contestant yet. I guess I like Colombe, JAG, Paul, Rory and Michael best. Colombe's type of food focus - fresh, organic - seems interesting to me, but she is pretty bad as far as confidence and control on TV go. JAG does well in that area, but his focus - Latino-Caribe - is not something I would watch a TV show about. Paul is nice and funny and interesting. I really like him, but I have no idea what his focus is. And he gets so nervous and rattled at times everything just falls apart. Rory (where the heck is Vega, TX?) seems fairly interesting but has some spectacular failures. Michael has TV presence, is interesting and seems to have things pretty together. So I guess I favor Michael right now.

2 Comments:

At 6/12/2007 7:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Coconut manages to still look adorable, even while at work - riding shotgun for her Mommie.

Jan

 
At 6/12/2007 8:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe something bit her. A spider or a SCORPION...!!!
Laura

 

Post a Comment

<< Home